• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Site Archives

I know over the years many of the old websites have shut down, and other write-ups or photos not hosted here have disappeared. While the good news, is that many sites can still be accessed via stuff like way-back machine, I figured it might be worth starting some kinda archive project focused on Jeeps and Jeep XJ's, to try to centralize all that stuff in one place.

If one was to start doing XJ archives, what sites should be archived today so they can stay available?

That is an interesting miss, on gotgroceries.net I pulled the full way back archive and I can't find a technical record there was ever a link to tech. If anyone has a direct link to any of the old tech articles on the site, I can look for data that way, but that may be truly lost.

Background, I work in IT, and I have the storage a resources to create backs and pull these sites while they are active before the suffer the loss of someone shutting them down. This was a hair brained idea I got at the gym the other day, and this post is the start of that idea.

Please feel free to share and provide more links. I will try to find and pull what I can.

I will try to keep a running list of sites archived and there status at a later point and maybe in the future, provide these in a convenient format to search.

Since it sounds like you are just getting started on this, has the GoJeep site made it onto your list? The owner closed down the GoJeep domain, but has at least still kept the information on his Willy's hot rod site: http://gojeep.willyshotrod.com

Another site I have found useful is Yucca Man's Jeep page: http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/

I am sure there is more. Those are the two that come to mind at the moment.

Kudos to you for being willing to take this on. In spite of the best intentions things go wrong and data gets lost. Having an independent backup could make all the difference in the world.

Thanks,I am adding those to the list. I am just getting started, but I hope to get good and organized and keep a good running list of what I pull and its status between work, real Jeep work and life. Keep the sites coming.

Back