• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTF!

Hans post some pics. Maybe the gear gods can figure out if you have an after market LSD or if you are doing something wrong.

shelbyluvv said:
Hans post some pics. Maybe the gear gods can figure out if you have an after market LSD or if you are doing something wrong.
Sorry, I had to put it back together, it's the Mrs' daily driver (I was trying to sneak it in while she was over at a friend's :D) and it's definitely a factory Spicer Trac Lok. I did manage to copy a part number off of the carrier: 26988-X031487 I hope that's correct.....it was kind of hard to make it out....the numbers weren't stamped too deep and I am damn near blind (sucks getting old!). I'm thinking of looking for a Trac Lok carrier at the local P-A-P in maybe a full size (SJ) or I wonder if the Isuzu D44 has carrier breaks for different ratios or do they use a "thick" ring gear like the TJ D44s? Anybody know? I should just try and return it......a new empty carrier is close to $100 and with what I paid for the No Slip, that's about the same as a Detroit! :dunno: ---------Hans

Last edited:
Oatmeal said:
Sorry, I had to put it back together, it's the Mrs' daily driver (I was trying to sneak it in while she was over at a friend's :D) and it's definitely a factory Spicer Trac Lok. I did manage to copy a part number off of the carrier: 26988-X031487 I hope that's correct.....it was kind of hard to make it out....the numbers weren't stamped too deep and I am damn near blind (sucks getting old!). I'm thinking of looking for a Trac Lok carrier at the local P-A-P in maybe a full size (SJ) or I wonder if the Isuzu D44 has carrier breaks for different ratios or do they use a "thick" ring gear like the TJ D44s? Anybody know? I should just try and return it......a new empty carrier is close to $100 and with what I paid for the No Slip, that's about the same as a Detroit! :dunno: ---------Hans

The zuzu 44 uses a thick ring gear.. standard 3.73 and down ratio (3.54 ect) Why not just get a new clutch kit and rebuild the trac lok?

Clean-RC said:
The zuzu 44 uses a thick ring gear.. standard 3.73 and down ratio (3.54 ect) Why not just get a new clutch kit and rebuild the trac lok?
Thanks, Scott, that's what I was hoping to hear! I just don't think Trac Loks are much better than open diffs.......I'm spoiled because, all my other 4X4s have lockers :D.......I guess I'll hit the yard! :D ---------Hans

Hans, I will make a phone call tomorrow...I know someone with a freshly rebuilt (by me) trac-lok. I will see if he used it or not, and see if he has one lying around.

you have my number, give me a call tomorrow

Justin

xjjeeper19 said:
Hans, I will make a phone call tomorrow...I know someone with a freshly rebuilt (by me) trac-lok. I will see if he used it or not, and see if he has one lying around.

you have my number, give me a call tomorrow

Justin
Thanks Justin, all I need is an empty carrier (3.73 and down) but, one that uses a pinned in cross shaft.......just my luck, having the oddball snapring version! I'll give you a call tomorrow--------Hans

Back