• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Two Tickets to Paradise.....

Glenn B

Member #69
NAXJA Member
...and she was Shakin'. :) I get to be in the studio tomorrow from 11:30 thru 2:30 PM with Eddie Money. I am looking forward to it, pretty excited... so I thught I would share with the group. :D

Hoboken Hobo said:
...and she was Shakin'. :) I get to be in the studio tomorrow from 11:30 thru 2:30 PM with Eddie Money. I am looking forward to it, pretty excited... so I thught I would share with the group. :D
right on, but dangit, I wonder how long that song is going to be stuck in my head now, I am going to walk around the shop and hum it and see if i can pass that on:)

I am crankin some of his old stuff now here at home. :D I dig his older ('70s early '80s) stuff.

Rev Den said:
Nice.

I hate you.

:D

Rev

Aww, now! Don't be hatin'. Unless they come up with another project, I look to be unemployed by the end of the week. :(

Hoboken Hobo said:

Must be nice. I've always enjoyed his older stuff myself (and "Take Me Home Tonight" with Ronnie Spector was killer!)

I'd always wondered what it would be like to sit and yarn with some of those musicians - you know, the ones that were actually worthy of being called such... I have met a few, and they always seemed fairly well-grounded. Just to hear their experiences tho - not only the ones that come out in their music, but the ones that don't, would be fascinating...

I have had *way* more than my share of sitting down with great musicians over the years. The stories are all great and varied. It is really cool to hear some of the back-ground to what has created hits. Most are indeed well grounded, they have to be. Or else they go the way of Joplin, Cobain, or idiots like Axl Rose. Hell, have you seen an Eddie VanHalen pic lately? Or a pic of David Coverdale? Yikes!

5-90 said:
Must be nice. I've always enjoyed his older stuff myself (and "Take Me Home Tonight" with Ronnie Spector was killer!)

I'd always wondered what it would be like to sit and yarn with some of those musicians - you know, the ones that were actually worthy of being called such... I have met a few, and they always seemed fairly well-grounded. Just to hear their experiences tho - not only the ones that come out in their music, but the ones that don't, would be fascinating...

Only one thing to say, Glenn.

You suck. :D

Hoboken Hobo said:
I have had *way* more than my share of sitting down with great musicians over the years. The stories are all great and varied. It is really cool to hear some of the back-ground to what has created hits. Most are indeed well grounded, they have to be. Or else they go the way of Joplin, Cobain, or idiots like Axl Rose. Hell, have you seen an Eddie VanHalen pic lately? Or a pic of David Coverdale? Yikes!

Hell man - W. Axl Rose (born "Bill Bailey") has always been a arse. I knew him in high school...

On the other end of the scale - ran across John Mellencamp once upon a time in his hometown (Seymour, IN) - to talk to him at the time, you'd have no idea at all he was famous. Go figure...

Gotta give Janis Joplin one thing tho - she set aside an awful lot of money in her will so "All my friends can have a party and get f***** up when I'm gone." That's something...

I get to spend a few hours with Eric Clapton on Thursday night. Just me and him. And 40,000 other fans, but mostly just me and him. I asked him to show me how to play Layla.

Not to diminish you opportunity, sounds like fun!

5-90 said:
Hell man - W. Axl Rose (born "Bill Bailey") has always been a arse. I knew him in high school...

On the other end of the scale - ran across John Mellencamp once upon a time in his hometown (Seymour, IN) - to talk to him at the time, you'd have no idea at all he was famous. Go figure...

Gotta give Janis Joplin one thing tho - she set aside an awful lot of money in her will so "All my friends can have a party and get f***** up when I'm gone." That's something...

Now Axl is supposedly older that I am. I am older than you are. Yet you knew him in high school? Like the same way I knew Charlies Angels in high school, right? :)

John Mellencamp was here last week... or week before, I forget. He did the Bob Costas sports show (dunno WTF that was about) as well as a standard interview.

Well, that was fun. Nice guy. Here is a pic of Eddie and I: (and no, I do not feel like resizing it right now. )
eddie-glenn-2007.JPG

The guy on the right looks like a Hobo.
So, that must mean that the guy on the left is Glenn.
:D

Hale

I was thinking the guy on the left has a look on his face like "ahh I'm really nervous because I am standing next to a living legend" While the guy on the right has this look on his face like "look....another schmuck who wants his pic taken with a living legend."

Wonder if I'm right? :D

DrMoab said:
I was thinking the guy on the left has a look on his face like "ahh I'm really nervous because I am standing next to a living legend" While the guy on the right has this look on his face like "look....another schmuck who wants his pic taken with a living legend."

You are correct.

Looks like he uses that pose alot.
cs-EddieMoney-Chris-Atlanta91502_small.JPG

fp_36.jpg

Eddie_Money2.jpg

Eddie%20Money.jpg

emoney2.jpg

eddie_money_chicago.jpg

Blazy-EddieMoneyb.jpg

eddiejayweb.jpg

EddieMoney.jpg

DrMoab said:

Naw, have been around many stars over the years, I do not get nervous. :) It is no big deal. Actually, we had been in the studio for over three hours, and I was jonesing for a smoke... and was in a hurry to get downstairs. I forgot about the pic until I was on the way out. Eddie asked if I still wanted to get the pic... so there ya are. The 2d pic was much better, but did not turn out. Go figgure.

Back