• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gratuitous Lack Of Moderation - A little stroker build

Well still, make this thread great again!:guitar: Also how much do you think this build would make if you crammed 21 pounds of boost in it like John Sharkey?:laugh:

If the motor made 300 hp n/a and you fed it 21 pounds of boost it would make 728.5 hp. party1:

I think if you fed this motor 21 pounds of boost it would make an oily mess on the floor.

I think if you fed this motor 21 pounds of boost it would make an oily mess on the floor.

But It would make the 728hp for a few seconds first.

Isn't this the "gratuitous lack of moderation" thread? I see no downside to trying on my side of things... :D

So I need to rename it "Gratuitously moderated by my income." ? ;)

I can barely afford to do this once. The second time would break me. :)

This sounds stupid, but the project is held up waiting on valve stem seals and oil pan studs.

But a couple of teaser shots for you. Hopefully this weekend we can button this up.

20190223_133539-me.jpg

20190223_130930-me.jpg

This sounds stupid, but the project is held up waiting on valve stem seals and oil pan studs.

But a couple of teaser shots for you. Hopefully this weekend we can button this up.

C'mon cal, you know better than that......'posed to have ALL parts in hand, cleaned up, and ready to go prior to beginning the build........

:doh:

Had them in hand. They sent the wrong parts. ;)

The Edelbrock head does not use the same valve stem seals as an iron 4.0 head, so they aren't something Russ always has in stock. He ordered them but someone transposed 2 numbers when pulling the parts.

The oil pan studs was a late build changeorder. ;)

Had them in hand. They sent the wrong parts. ;)

The Edelbrock head does not use the same valve stem seals as an iron 4.0 head, so they aren't something Russ always has in stock. He ordered them but someone transposed 2 numbers when pulling the parts.

The oil pan studs was a late build changeorder. ;)

:doh:

Ok....we'll let ya slide this time...........

Actually been there with the wrong parts getting sent.............my 1st lift kit was on the truck in my avatar...got to putting the front end together, and whoa.....one of the u-bolts for the front axle was 'ringed' vice threaded.

I mean hundreds of rings.....not a single thread on it.

Called Skyjacker, and they overnighted me a new one...said that was a 1st for them.......I said me too !

Yes but it would a glorious mess, indeed, and ride eternal into the gates of Valhalla shiny and chrome.

Back