• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wipers

Are they just not starting the cycle, or getting stuck in the up position and not returning at the end of the cycle. I've seen both the switch and the module fail and the wipers don't trigger. Not returning to the park position scan be the switch, module, or the contacts in the motor itself. I have repaired a module or two that had cracked solder joints.

It is my 95, the wipers always work properly, just the delay function only delays the wipers when it feels like it. I figure its probably something in the module, if the solder is prone to cracking then that is most likely it because my mail route has some of the roughest, least maintained roads in the county!

Ive got this problem with my 95. I think the intermittent wiper module run up until 96.
You can reach up under the lower dash panel and pull it out. Its held there with velcro and connected with two plugs.
I am in Australia and ours are on the right, and i believe yours are on the left.

Its a common problem. Sometimes the traces burn up, and i believe sometimes the relay plays up.
You can get replacements on Ebay with part number 56006957.
If your handy with a soldering iron, you can try fix it yourself.

Ive posted up a couple of pics here. Some are from the interwebs and ive just added comments.

The traces on mine are OK, so i have ordered a relay and seeing how that goes. Also asked a wrecking yard to send me a spare. I think they are all slowly starting to pack up.

y4moXO9jVXB-uDD5_dyZKCmpwwZr16lvb5RVQZ_-hRHkpZeb-lYF2MVQGvpoTrtFdYodW78WVdo_qtjBkuGY21jKuqnjGfnSYlIonC9pvK8whM5LxHBw8PaPOsCn3WnG6t25C0KtmKcJWhuyZqEi8qLX_LVh4Z1Wy5zppmZ8REk9jEU51CviP4RbHLvln8INFNm0Cnz_8WP3VDBKb7GWsiaPQ

y4ml9KSghkF4IuqqqY_fBPdL8IXWeVlcqmHjdY3-CqkdJXxKAo1YYCfwn2bghLjqlYBEJPFeeZblcHIfcMsbJPS3F10Guq_-LDuzVS6Ke7NaAkbVtZbX3-qCt-BfupqZevZO-eR-EBp0ml1m-YnNa5kE_2T1l2If5JdG5ZoDN5fqYvWELNH9wqpdmSxC6FoicjNtxGgcGoXQ4htGFhqlyp0ZA

y4mBDpSA3rUHwBoBi5MuLgfquNXyD81XeGkG85zU9Q4j17blekmdWs3Gpvt6g9ckJxfuxTxYyRbheBsnYcKlkpx78Xyvz9K4JPvJ4Cph6tcgYfRhVmrEdT06Ia6DK02S788r5hDLQnNUR0YLR26umkdRJcp2trpdY634nb2pe0GKJh5Pjz9NiqutTxuo_r_p7KN54m119hwHDG5bV68rWel5w

Back