• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What should I do?

gray89XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have been a member on here for a while mostly lurking and using the search, but since I am now 16 1/2 and am putting some serious time into my Cherokee since it will be mine in September when I get my driver's license, I need some advice.
It currently has 193,000 miles on it with the 4.0L and AW4 and has a 10 year old Rough Country 3" lift kit. It has 4:10 gears with a Ford 8.8 rear axle swap and 32" Wrangler MTRs on Soft 8s. The problem is, it is currently getting about 12 MPG even though it runs well, which isn't very good when I will be driving a 100 mile round trip just to go to school and back about once a week for my after school college class next school year, so I was wondering about any suggestions to get better gas mileage. Anything extensive won't be much of a problem because my dad and I have rebuilt a '74 Ford F250 with a Cummins 6BT. Onher than the engine and fuel economy, it will be in fairly good shape after finishing the rear flares to match the front, building a front bumper, and giving it a paintjob.
DSC02805_small.JPG

DSC02806_small.JPG
DSC02804_small.JPG

Any advice/suggestions on anything? Specifically engine swaps/mods? Also, what color should I paint it?
Any other misc. advice is also cool.

Heh, 12 MPG is about right for an old Renix Jeep - mine gobbles it down too, real bad. Pretty good platform for a build there, I like it! For some reason, that Jeep is telling me it wants to be green.

Yeah, I am beginning to think Frank Z is right, but that still won't dissuade me from fixing up the jeep!
(By the way, I also have an '87 XJ Dana 44 and Non-disconnect 30 I'm looking to sell, make an offer or tell me where to post to sell them, with what I think are 3.73's but I'll check.)

Back