• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

This is insane......what happened??

TB2Blazer

NAXJA Forum User
OK my heat was not working and neither was my ac. The blower was working so seeing as I just replaced my heater core and had my ac recharged I figured it was my blend door actuator. Everything on the jeep was working, engine ran great. Get the dash off and pull out the whole unit. Take it apart and replace the blend door and actuator with brand new ones. Put it all back in the jeep and I go to test it to make sure it's all working before I button everything back up. I start the jeep and it's idling funny and the check engine light comes on, I switch the blower to setting one and the radio shuts off, the headlights come on, the flashers come on but don't flash just on solid, the entire dash shuts off no speedo no rpm no check engine light nothing. At first the fan was not blowing and the fan relay was ticking like crazy. I noticed that as I go from fan setting 1 up to 4 the 2 green flasher light indicators on the dash get brighter like I'm turning a dimmer switch. I tried unplugging the new actuator and plugged the old one back in and no difference. I tried leaving the battery cable off for 10 minutes to try and "reset" the computer. I checked all fuses and none are blown. Now for some reason the fan is blowing and all heater functions work but all the other weird electrical stuff is still going on. Can anyone give me any suggestions because I am beyond lost right now. I've never even heard of something like this.

Last edited:
Back