• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

big valve head

tech1001

NAXJA Forum User
Has any body used the head with bigger valves and did you gain any more power and about how much do you think it was and are you happy with the head ? Odessa Cylinder Head sells one with a 2.02 intake valve and 1.62 exhaust valve , I would all so clean up the ports . thank you for any info you can give me .

I run one of Russ's LS1 valve heads but it's fully ported and on a stroker. The intake is ported and bored for a 62mm throttle body. What else on the motor do have you done?
P1080516_zpsybaiiwn0.jpg

stock head flows pretty good. if you haven't done intake/exhaust, I'd start there.

if I were to do a big valve head, I'd definitely move to a bigger lift/duration cam to take advantage of those valves. so make sure you have springs on the head to handle such a cam if that's of interest.

Yeah going big valve isn't going to matter without a port and polish, and a cam. That becomes a whole thing.

For 50yrs I've told my customers "you can't get it in, until you get it out".

I hate saying like this , What are you trying to say?

"You've got to get the exhaust charge out before you can get intake gasses in"

"You've got to get the exhaust charge out before you can get intake gasses in"

thank you cam, exhaust valve and compression stroke?

should he run bigger exhaust valves than intake? longer exhaust duration? turbocharge it?

Back