• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix scanner port data question.

Yea i had just wraped my head around the fact that o2 sensors create their own voltage only to find out the renix uses 5v reference

Yes, The Renix O2 sensor is a variable resistor.
5 volt input, 0-5 volt output.

The HO uses a 0-1 volt output, self generating voltage, IIRC, sensor. But the PCM O2 sensor wiring layout on it is also odd, IIRC, but I forget the details. Need to read my old O2 sensor testing thesis paper again, LOL. Oldtimers disease is b*tch LOL.Two different types of sensors.

Cruiser;
I was speaking about "conventional" o2 sensors when i said i had just wrapped my head around the fact they produce their own voltage.....renix uses 5v reference and is an odd (by todays o2 standards)set up.

Of course im sure you knew that....

I don't know if black letters (Forum Users) can view this: http://naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=222

old_man said:
I have cracked encoding of the output data stream on the Renix ECUs. I have been thinking of building a Raspberry Pi based reader with a 3.5" color touch screen device you could mount in the cab. You could then display any of the readings. For instance you could show an analog type tach display, or any of the other available data in real time and switch back and forth. You could even set alarms that would flash the screen colors for things such as an O2 that is out of range. It could even show you if the ECU was in open or closed loop mode.

Before I spend a ton of time polishing the user interface, are there any people out there who might be interested. My hope is to keep it well under $100.

A follow on product would have a 7" touch screen and have GPS and moving topo map display.

we are trying to get more info decoding the aw4 diagnostic feed. and integrating that with the renix output to try and calculate instant mpg. we have a working sudo check engine light that illuminates when something is out of range.

Ended up buying a mt2500 "emulator" on ebay.

I have an MT-2500 Snap on scanner, but what prey-tell is an MT-2500 "emulator"?

BTW, it is a huge time saver. Love mine.

I helped him test it. They sell like hot cakes. I have mine sitting on my seat. We are going to try and get it to alert when it's not detecting a cps input during cranking.

Is he selling them direct? How do we contact him?

That is a good deal. I am doing mine with a color graphics touch screen. I have almost that much in components.

Being the PIA perfectionist, mine shows gauge faces not just numbers.

I might buy one of these just to see how good it works.

How the hell does one know when and where to try and buy one when they do go on sale? His video says nothing except that the last batch sold out in 1 hour. I see no signs of the midnight Dec 14th ones going on sale? Does he have a contact email or phone number for support or warranty or questions?

QUOTE=90xj06;246426577]i dont think he is selling them direct but he posts a video before they go onsale.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_8-XIaYYPVI69FPc76y6lw[/QUOTE]

its opensource so his code is on git hub. i would love to integrate compass and temp and replace the overhead console.
Do you have a link to that code? Is he running an Arduino?

Back