• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Lets see you do 1700+ miles in this
8229_1248523657014_1347122587_723836_5356581_n.jpg

8229_1248524857044_1347122587_723837_198819_n.jpg

Sorry for the poor cell phone pics.

ha! i found a geocache at barfield crescent park in the woods onetime under a rock, kinda in like a sarcophagus looking place. it was, cool, but i didn't know what it was at the time, so i put it back. it's prolly still there! did you put it there glen?

Left an extra boy scout patch we had, found a few more this weekend where the boys brought something to trade out. Hunter traded a hot wheels for a travel bug tag (trackable item that gets moved from cache to cache) and Grayson left a skunk and took a lizard.

lets see...waterpump, serp belt, oil change (and housing readjustment), tire rotation, exhaust collector gasket, thermostat, fan clutch, transfer case output seal, blacked out my chrome and waxed the jeep. Now I need to remove the transfer case extension cone and real-seal it, and I need to balance all 4 tires.

took a great trip in the xj. i drove down to our property at river ranch in central florida and rode my honda atc until it was covered beyond recognition. my jeep ran great for its first ride and i was very happy with the entire day.

Pulled the VC. It was horrendous. It took me 2 hours to scrape all the nasty crud out of it. Replaced the gasket and such - but managed to leave out the little metal inserts that go in the CCV housing. Will my engine catch on fire without those?

Have you found the caches placed inside of fence posts yet? Next time you are out and about, look for the fence post caps painted WHITE. They have caches inside. Not sure if it's a local thing or what, but we have quite a few around us.

No I haven't ran across any of those yet. The scouts and I will be going on a hike at long hunter in a week or so and plan on placing one while we are out. I think we will be going the ammo can route.

Spent my fall break yesterday and today by picking up a Crackberry yesterday morning, then celebrating a friend's 21st birthday last night....today is the recovery day....

started fixin some of the little crap i broke at wooly's today, decided that i don't like the way the older xj mirrors were mounted. you can't find those little plastic brackets in good shape anywhere!

Worked on my WJ brake swap some more. I managed to pull the stud out of the ds upper ball joint trying to remove the knuckle. Getting close now though, all components are on, was working on aligning it before I came in. Still got to refill the diff and bleed the brakes before I can test and see if anything hits/rubs in use. Hopefully the Jeep gods will be smiling upon me and everything will work out.

Put a Rough Country budget boost on my '97 XJ. I'm pretty happy with the looks & the ride quality. Clearance for my 30" tires is much improved. Price was reasonable, and it really wasn't too difficult to install. If the rest of the rig outlives the tires, I'd like to go with a 3" lift and 31" tires...

Just spent $1300.00 with quadratec.... getting ready for a major suspension/drivetrain/steering overhaul on the DD. Nothing cool though, all stock stuff. (although I did manage to throw in a new JEEP hat, and a set of tire deflators).

~James

Back