• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 door Cherokee 01 with 25,000 miles... mild build for daughters first Jeep

At the end of this build, the best part of it will have little to do with the Jeep. It will be all the time spent with your daughter building it. The part dealing with the XJ will be the appreciation she has for it because of the blood sweat and tears she’s invested in it. Good on you!

Rear view mirror has:
1. Homelink
2. compass & temp
3. auto dim
4. auto interior lights
5. manual interior lights

IMG_4960_zps9qfew5vd.jpg

Daughter and I have had busy spring and she's been gone to summer camp etc....
I bought a nice 91 Comanche Eliminator and been gathering up hard to find parts for it.

So daughter been driving MJ and so we getting back into the shop to finish up this XJ so I can start on the MJ. :)

IMG_5451_zpse3wvhqwv.jpg

IMG_5454_zpsvfg7pkuc.jpg

Can I make reservations now for when you open your museum?

I do have to say that it makes sense you should have a Comanche Eliminator. It should fit right in with the theme. And that looks like a very nice one.

How do they differ over the years?

I have one, which I believe is from a late model, but I can't tell you from what year. If you can tell me how to distinguish it from a '97-'98 vs '99-'01 I can try to figure it out.

97+ are all the same, the other one is a 96-.

How do they differ over the years?

I have one, which I believe is from a late model, but I can't tell you from what year. If you can tell me how to distinguish it from a '97-'98 vs '99-'01 I can try to figure it out.

97+ are all the same, the other one is a 96-.

What RCP Phx said.

Here. Post #2

https://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=930449

What I believe to be '96 and down.

https://www.jeepin.com/features/skidrow_xj_gts

What appears to be a '98 and down ZJ skid.

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f67/zj-gas-skid-1990-xj-170517/

Oh and when I sourced an '97 and up skid for my '00 I drilled 2 more holes in it.
I replaced the nutstrips with aftermarket factory type ones, they had mounting points there for bolts so figured why not. Not really sure why there wasn't a hole on each side of the skid to correspond with the nutstrip though.

This is a 99+ skid
IMG_0441_zpsxwx1eyjn.jpg

IMG_0442_zpswxoljvuf.jpg

IMG_0440_zpswnvsnpsa.jpg

This is a 95-96 skid.

It is my understanding that the 97-98 XJ didn't have exact skid, but used the early ZJ skid. ZJ skid leaves a gap between tank and hangs down lower.

Looking for a 99 to 01 OEM factory gas tank skid plate.

Need a nice one, not dented or rusted too bad.

I’ve got one you can have if you go red. (Just trying to support the club.) Not sure how I’d get it to you though. Anyone from So Cal traveling to East Texas anytime soon?

What I have doesn't look like that. The curved flap around the one side of the front would be hard to miss.

I am going to guess mine are all earlier.

I’ve got one you can have if you go red. (Just trying to support the club.) Not sure how I’d get it to you though. Anyone from So Cal traveling to East Texas anytime soon?

PM me your address and I’ll email you a Fedex label and have them pick it up.

Or U can drop it off at Fedex pickup location.

Always glad to get more Red in my life :)

I'm back on this project for couple big reasons:
1. Want to start on MJ and daughter HAS been driving it.
2. Found this time capsule 87 Chief and daughter is WANTING to drive it :nono:

IMG_0884_zps5kz7lo2h.jpg

Big thanks to Nimrod for the OEM skid plate. I heat and beat the dents and polished out deep scratches. All powder coated and waiting for me to install.
Along with powder coating the receiver hitch and misc stuff.

Gott the JB SYE kit installed.

IMG_0379_zpsl1nur7yg.jpg

Back