• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just Introducing Myself

Logans91XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone I'm Logan (24) from Folsom just right outside Sacramento. I just moved here about 2 years ago from Redding. Anyways I'm onto my 2nd Jeep my first was a 96ZJ with the worst death wobble ever!

Anyways I can turn a decent wrench, very well lit garage and 220 outlet! Just looking to make new friends and go Jeeping. I'm pretty much down for anything: Wheeling, Fishing, Camping, BBQ, Drinking Beer, Women!!

Well I just bought this 91 XJ from a buddy of mine put lots of time and money into being a decent daily driver.

NP231, AW4, D30, D35, 31's BFG AT's, 3" RE Lift
695228369_9YT5i-L.jpg

744816206_hZtG9-L.jpg

607547989_oaYoo-L.jpg

Anyways Just wanted to introduce myself.

Logan Wild
[email protected]

welcome

I saw you are looking for tow points for the front of you rig. Have you checked under the the front of your XJ, just on the outside of the frame rails for the tow point attachments? They look like this:
Stocktowpoints.jpg

They came on some XJ's and if you have them all you need is the tow hook, they bolt right into it.

I have made some before but I thought it was more work then it was worth:
FabTowPoints.jpg

Unless you are just looking for a project to work on, I would buy the stock mounts.

Oh sweet!!! Damn I just posted a reply in the snow wheeling thread about making tow points.

I don't have those on my jeep. My Jeep doesn't have a gas tank skid, Trans Case skid or front tow hooks.

Honestly I would really enjoy making mine I dig projects like this.

Can you post more pics of the ones you created and how they look bolted on to the frame.

So a month ago I went to Pick N Pull and bought a transfer case skid, and gas tank skid. Well the gas tank skid is to small.
I need ideas on how to mount the trans case skid to the frame.

for the skid plate, how was it attached to the one you took it off? you cant just drill holes and attach it with grade 8 bolts and wide washers? the only thing is it might need some support so it can take a beating. guess i'll have to look at some next time at pick n pull to see. you go wheeling much?

The tow points were part of a bumper I made, looking back I would never do this again, I would make room for a winch. Kind of useless to build a bumper and not make a spot for a winch.

More photos:
CutPassengerSide.jpg

FabTowPoints03.jpg

FabTowPoints04.jpg

FabTowPoints05.jpg

FabTowPoints06.jpg

FabTowPoints07.jpg

FabTowPoints08.jpg

FabTowPoints09.jpg

FabTowPoints10.jpg

Everything but the shackle mounts were scrap I had kicking around, the shackle mounts I got from rokmen.com

Welcome Logan,
I’ve seen your jeep around town a few times, it looks clean. I’m in folsom as well, we should kick it sometime. I live in the Sherwood apartments off of Iron Point. I’m always looking for someone to wheel, fish, camp, snowboard, booze it up and chase women with (which i naturally do a lot of being 25 and single). I go to the rubicon a few times a year with my bronco and go everywhere year around with the xj. I'm about to do a trip next week with a couple wheeling buddies, you and whoever are more than welcome to come along. Were going to reno for new years then off to the dunes of NV for a couple days. We'll have a couple dirt bikes, mi jeep, a built baja bug and maybe another truck or two. All my buddies live in davis, Roseville and sac so I don’t know to many people close by. I’m actually looking for some help putting my engine back in this week…? Beer/pizza/gas on me…
I took my engine/tranny/tcase out last night by my self and that was not fun. I would naturally return any wrenching favor at your request.

You may have seen my 87 around town a few times, here she is. It looks a little different now with bigger tires, ar 23 rims and no rack.

dsc01261is1.jpg

Shot with DSC-T1 at 2007-11-27

although i daily drive the poor mans bmw so you might of seen me in this

dsc01604j.jpg

Shot with DSC-T1 at 2009-12-01

Last edited:
Hey Mike that all sounds good to me and thanks for the compliments. I'm down to help out and what not, wheeling sounds good to me I don't know where to wheel in this area besides P-City OHV, And the Rubi....

Dude your jeep looks really good I really like those stock Wheels!!

I live off Iron Point and Oak Ave so just down the street from you.

Just pm me and we can exchange info

This is what was holding my Drivers Seat in!! LOL WTF!
603709518_v2Uxs-L.jpg

Rebuilding the Old Tracks... 3 months later I just went and bought Manual seat tracks from the Junk Yard for 12$ per side.
603710028_zYxRh-L-1.jpg

Rebuilding the Front End
695228298_mFQy8-L.jpg

Burning the Front UCA bushings out!
695228284_TvVGc-L.jpg

So Since I have bought the Jeep I replaced or *fixed*

Tires
Windshield
Brake Rotors
Calipers
Pads
Brake Lines