• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

1st chiropractor visit on friday...unable to move around much friday and saturday
went and hung out in knoxville sunday with matt and sam

Went to Springfield, Ohio to the Cars & Parts Show to look at......gasp.....International Scouts. Some very nice ones at that.
ed, you thinkin about another scout? there's a nice green one with a hardtop in jackson, tn for $1200! i also know a guy with a 61 or 62 halfcab four cylinder prototype for $500, but it has a blown head gasket... it still has the original owner's manual with it, and is in great shape other than the head gasket. i also know where there is another old four banger scout that has been abandoned in the woods near fall creek falls! it has the keys in it, and i jumped it off and it ran like crap. i think another carberator would make it right! i just don't know what to do about a title.

ed, you thinkin about another scout? there's a nice green one with a hardtop in jackson, tn for $1200! i also know a guy with a 61 or 62 halfcab four cylinder prototype for $500, but it has a blown head gasket... it still has the original owner's manual with it, and is in great shape other than the head gasket. i also know where there is another old four banger scout that has been abandoned in the woods near fall creek falls! it has the keys in it, and i jumped it off and it ran like crap. i think another carberator would make it right! i just don't know what to do about a title.

I still have a lot of my Scout stuff. I've got the sheetmetal/parts to rebuild a 1976 that I have now. I just need to make a little room in the shop to work on it.

They had a fantastic 1979 Scout II Rallye that a guy in Indiana restored. It was absolutely perfect.

I would definately like to build a first generation Scout 61-71 model someday. Almost all of my parts fit the 71-80 model Scout II's.

Last edited:
I still have a lot of my Scout stuff. I've got the sheetmetal/parts to rebuild a 1976 that I have now. I just need to make a little room in the shop to work on it.

They had a fantastic 1979 Scout II Rallye that a guy in Indiana restored. It was absolutely perfect.

I would defiantely like to build a first generation Scout 61-71 model someday. Almost all of my parts fit the 71-80 model Scout II's.
so you currently have a scout, then? just needs work? awesome. i wanna get one someday, but for now i can barely handle what i already have...

There was one of these in an XJ engine bay yesterday at PaP - it was all disassembled and I was trying to figure out WTH it was.
yeah jeep actually put something very similar to this on the underside of some xjs hoods. it is kinda bulky though..

explain? several scouts, or just a ton of parts? or just a really huge scout?

I'd say over a dozen different bodies in various stages of rusting away to in the process of being built to running vehicles. Parts out the ying-yang!! If it has to do with Scout's, he either has it, has had it, or knows about it!! Period!! He is an International Scout Guru!!! :worship:

Turned the key on my New rebuilt engine. Now to figure out if I need an new TPS or a fuel pump..........

got the Grand Wagoneer running and drove it for the first time since the swap today!! woooo! still got a couple loose ends to tie up, but for what i can tell nothing major.
gotta hook up tcase linkage, put inspection plate back on transmission, hook up temp and oil pressure guage sending units, and figure out and fix exhaust leaks. also, i swapped the rear main seal, and it is leaking. i hope it'll quit, but i doubt it will. wonder what i did wrong?

yeah jeep actually put something very similar to this on the underside of some xjs hoods. it is kinda bulky though..

So did Ford. My 79 and 86 both had them iirc. Except Ford had theirs auto retract.

Back