• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 XJ build help - Armor & Lift...

Ok so I've picked up the following parts since starting this thread:

JCR Offroad Rock Sliders
JCR Offroad Transfer Case Skid Plate
ZJ OEM Gas Tank Skid Plate
G2 Dana 30 Diff. cover
Solid Chrysler 8.25 diff cover
RC X-series 4.5" lift (can't beat free, gifted from my uncle)
Adam Driveshaft and SYE kit
RC Steering stabilizer
RC LCA drop brackets
IRO Heavy Duty OTK Steering
31" tires with steelies (another gift)

Next Phase:
Front bumper
Rear bumper
ZJ seat upgrade
Hood Louver
electric fan upgrade
LED interior lights

any recommendations for the next phase parts?

Get a real lift kit !!!

Ksuspension for the fan kit. Led interior lights, amazon or advanced. front bumper depends on what style you like and how much you wanna shell out. rear bumper I really like the dirtbound tire carrier, and will be doing a DIY kit when my wallet allows me to. while your at it, snag a set of injectors, and a headlight harness from Ksuspension. and check out the IRO 3 link they recently released.
for my LED dome lights I used the LED panels off amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SGOMMDK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and then wired in the 6" LED strips you can get at advanced. it has plenty of light.

http://www.ksuspensionlifts.com/

Get a real lift kit !!!

No offense but this really isn't all that helpful. I understand there's better lifts out there but this will get me by for now and the best part is it was free. I can wheel the RC lift and learn what I truly need from my lift and upgrade if and when necessary.

Ksuspension for the fan kit. Led interior lights, amazon or advanced. front bumper depends on what style you like and how much you wanna shell out. rear bumper I really like the dirtbound tire carrier, and will be doing a DIY kit when my wallet allows me to. while your at it, snag a set of injectors, and a headlight harness from Ksuspension. and check out the IRO 3 link they recently released.
for my LED dome lights I used the LED panels off amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SGOMMDK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and then wired in the 6" LED strips you can get at advanced. it has plenty of light.

http://www.ksuspensionlifts.com/

Definitely want a tire carrier rear bumper. I'm undecided for the front at the moment. I've got a brush guard installed for the time being though.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll add them to my research links list. its starting to add up lol

Why not sell it now(non installed) as NIB and use that money to get the good stuff!

I have a non winch bumper on mine for a few reasons, A: I don't like how most winch bumpers stick way out. B: mine is a weekend warrior, and I have yet to need a winch. C: that's an extra 100lbs to lug around. With that being said mine also has frame tie ins and has a 2" receiver in the center of the bumper. I just gotta run the wire and get a winch and cradle for it. then when I go out I can just grab the winch and hook it up on either end. plus its harder to steal. and personally im not a fan of RC stuff, but if it was free, run it for now then save up for the other goodies (3 link etc) later on down the road.

Last edited:
My jeep will be a weekend warrior as well. luckily everyone I'd go offroad with have winches so I can wait a bit. The free RC kit (not new by the way but less than 1k miles on it) made it so that I could get the SYE kit and OTK steering upgrade. I'll ride it until it fails me and move on. No big deal.

Sounds like a decent plan, I always like to upgrade things lol. but if you DD it, just gotta make sure everything is done right. that's why I was picky about a lot of my parts, I wanted it to be tough, and safe on the road, but also to be extremely capable off road.

None so far...can't remember if it says anything about a hole in them to prevent that.
I know I read that on one or more of the models I was researching.
I also love the smoke tint...they have the chromed version you can see on that link... but I don't like those. Thinking of trying to open up my led light bar and tame down the chrome background to match.

I said I'd slow down on parts for a bit but I somehow managed to buy a Banks Revolver header, Borla 40942 XR-1 Muffler and Bushwacker Flat Fender Flares yesterday. :dunno:

I think I've got the bug.

Back