• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question regarding RC lift

The longer the shackle used with the relocation brackets, the lower your rear will sit at ride height. I had a set of "lift shackles" I had acquired before I knew the ins and outs of XJ suspension. IIRC, they are an inch and a half longer than stock, and I had a rake with stock and sh*t ride (90° angle). Swapped to the longer shackles, leveled my XJ out and angle/ride was better (45° angle).

*End User experience may differ with each XJ. I have 5 and none of them seem to act the same.*

The longer the shackle used with the relocation brackets, the lower your rear will sit at ride height. I had a set of "lift shackles" I had acquired before I knew the ins and outs of XJ suspension. IIRC, they are an inch and a half longer than stock, and I had a rake with stock and sh*t ride (90° angle). Swapped to the longer shackles, leveled my XJ out and angle/ride was better (45° angle).

*End User experience may differ with each XJ. I have 5 and none of them seem to act the same.*

awesome, so should i get the longer shackle or the relocator? my ride is very stiff right now.

Personal experience says get both.

c0c799b3_4546_4734_a3ba_9f6c3ec922c8_edfe2b392e6fbd55ce5bf002f3b8b5e70c0816b4.jpeg

Back