• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

emyqenyt.jpg

mac 'four generations' gyvr

Large tornado, maybe a EF4 just went through Indy and the Suburbs. Lots of people in its path....Crap...

I don't know if it was that large, doesn't sound like major damage at this point from what I have read about. After being in an area a few times were EF4/5 tornadoes went though, that would flatten everything.

Cam bearings, rod bearings, main bearings and rings all in one mud puddle.

I drove it for 2 months 40 miles round trip with the needle on the peg. The 4.0 that Dan has was the replacement I ordered from a JY with 48k miles on it before I knew peeps on NAXJA.

It doesn't need fixing, it needs thicker oil.

How much lift would I get out of making a bastard leaf pack out of 2 sets of xj springs. Everything I have found so far is using s10 springs. Needing to beef up the rear of the jeep a little bit. Maybe even lift it an inch

Mines been on Rotella since Ive been driving it. The rear main seal went out on me and puked oil at about 3 quarts per 15 miles. I stabbed a high volumn pump in it and a set of rod bearings for good measure. It used to carry 60 lbs cold and then about 25 hot idle and would build when it was revved. Now its about 40lbs cold and fluctuates between 20 and 40 hot and doesnt move.

It hates its life in winter time. Pecks on the top end for 10 minutes before it starts flowing up there. Its getting a block heater this fall.

Re: Re: Important

How much lift would I get out of making a bastard leaf pack out of 2 sets of xj springs. Everything I have found so far is using s10 springs. Needing to beef up the rear of the jeep a little bit. Maybe even lift it an inch
I got about 1.5"- 2" out of two well worn packs using all but the overload and one other leaf, I don't remember which other leaf I left out though. Thinking it was the third leaf.

anyone know anything about gas grills?

The knobs on mine are getting really hard to turn and one has decided to only turn half way now.

anyone know anything about gas grills?

The knobs on mine are getting really hard to turn and one has decided to only turn half way now.

Try having someone else turn them, maybe you are getting weak.

Really, I have nothing to add

I got about 1.5-2" just adding average wear main leafs with the eyes cut off, on my 94. They've held up great for over 5 years now, loading it down with hundreds of pounds of tools and supplies.

And the 213k motor has 40psi at hot idle, 60+ cruising, on whatever oil Menards has on sale.

Do you think it would still give an inch or 2 of lift even with the add a leaf I have in there now? I know I should just buy new leafs but it won't be in the cards for a while and just trying to help out the rear suspension a little bit.

Take those knobs apart and dig the grease out...

mac 'fixed my burners once' gyvr

Yes, it will add 'lift' to what you have now. I've used part of an MJ pack with great luck, I've stacked AALs with OK luck. Stacking stock gave the best ride with a little lift.

Mine runs very smooth, and dieseling goes away above idle, maybe I am just paranoid.

Just put thicker oil in it and ignore the noise.

My 93 sounds like a cummins, burns oil, and occasionally drops a lifter..... But it still gets 21mpg on the highway and generally runs great. Its a think its just a 4.0 thing

Back