• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can I trade you all for twenty degrees worth of weather?

I am consistently reminded of how awesome San Diego's weather is overall. It was in the mid-70s on Christmas. New Year's Eve was a cold blustery significant rainstorm for us, but I don't think anybody froze to death or drowned. And I hold to my theory that snow is a great place to visit, but I still don't want to live there

Luckily, while Buffalo got 72" of snow, and then last week 44", we, being just a bit south and 150 miles got 3" and 1", respectively. New Year day, yesterday and today the high was 50, nearly unheard of. We did get some nasty zero weather for a week or so, but at this point, 90% of the snow is melted, and it's green grass (and a liberal service of mud) everywhere.

It may not be normal, but I'll take it.

Hawaii, on the other hand, besides the wacky storm before Christmas which didn't catch our side of the island, has been a consistent 73-78 degrees. I gotta get there.

David Bricker / SYR

I always spray the rubber moldings with silicone spray to keep them from freezing shut .
:rolleyes:
Wonder if that would have helped the sunroof on my Eclipse? Oh well, gonna sell it anyway. Just one more thing to drop the price.:laugh2: Just hope the tires hold out until the MJ is ready.

I can see snow from my front porch. It looks like it's doing fine right where it is.

I’m expecting great conditions this year for my annual UP snowmobile trip. Let it snow!

Mother nature is letting me down. Trail conditions are going to suck next week.

Still, a bad day on the trail is always better than a good day at work. Right?

It's 54 degrees today in Dunbar West Virginia 25064 nice and sunny afternoon.

Still, a bad day on the trail is always better than a good day at work. Right?

I've had a couple of instances that have led me to question that statement to some degree. But, in your defense, my last bad day on the trail ended up being one of my best days.

Back