• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Well I got $58 of bilstein parts coming.. Hope this gets the back end sorted out otherwise I'm switching shocks. $58 is insane for some shims and two shaft bumps.

I almost joined the burnt to the ground club...

mac 'derale wiring leaves something to be desired' gyvr

I've fund that all commercial wiring leaves something to be desired, and I have pretty low standards for wiring.

Wife, baby, and I went back up to WI this Saturday, this time to Two Rivers to see her other Gpa

Should have said something, I am in Sheboygan 1/2 hour south of Two Rivers, you drove past it both directions...

Should have said something, I am in Sheboygan 1/2 hour south of Two Rivers, you drove past it both directions...

technically i did say something...
Spent the weekend up in Lake Geneva for my wife's family reunion. Good times. Good people.

We set up tent with other family members in grandpa's backyard. My air mattress went flat and I had to sleep on the ground with the baby next to me. Add a case of beer before hand and you have a rough morning.

But

They had A LOT of thick cut bacon as soon as I was up.

Going back to WI this coming weekend. This time to Two Rivers to see her other grandpa. We may make our way up to Door County. Not to sure yet what he has planned, but I know he loves it up there.

;)

its all good tho, her Gpa had a whole day planned then I had to get home yesterday. shit, I was doing 85 most of the trip home.

except for the traffic on 94.

my new phone is gangsta tho, it before i approached traffic it told me to get off and take some frontage road. i was flying passed all the stopped traffic on 94 lol

L.e.d. taillights just wont work, I think the tow ready box is bad I have quadruple checked all connections and everything works except for the brake only flickers briefly. Started a thread about it in Mod tech but I may just rip it all out and try to wire it from the stock trailer wiring and throw out the "tow ready" converter.

What a Pita this has been.

L.e.d. taillights just wont work, I think the tow ready box is bad I have quadruple checked all connections and everything works except for the brake only flickers briefly. Started a thread about it in Mod tech but I may just rip it all out and try to wire it from the stock trailer wiring and throw out the "tow ready" converter.

Do you have the polarity correct on the lights?

I replaced one of the 3-2 converters recently.

Checked the inputs to it, brakes worked, signals did not. Just a bad box.

Mine went bad after Moab(probably when the turn signals quit because of a short), while I was wiring the LED's on the trailer I found that out. Replace it, they are cheap on Amazon.

I should have put a little more effort in selling this.
I took the ad down and it is back at my place again.
I am going to put some fender flares on it, clean the fuel system even find a good used set of tires for the front.
I have been working 7 days a week and I have not put much thought into it.

That should net your asking price. I was willing to overlook the rusty cab corners and rear fenders on my truck since it was a CCLB 7.3L for $7k. If it were prettier he could have asked a lot more.

I think so I used a tester that lights up if you touch it to a hot wire. I used this and the colors to identify the hot wires. power goes into the box at the Stop input to box but only briefly comes out to the Left and right stop/turn wires. On the 3 way light itself it has a white wire that is labeled ground, a black wire that is labeled as the tail and a red that is labeled stop/turn.. It all seems so simple but just doesn't work.

I replaced one of the 3-2 converters recently.

Checked the inputs to it, brakes worked, signals did not. Just a bad box.

Mine went bad after Moab(probably when the turn signals quit because of a short), while I was wiring the LED's on the trailer I found that out. Replace it, they are cheap on Amazon.

So maybe the box is bad which sucks because I cut the wires to extend to the other side and wont get a refund. Not that it was that much but still a little annoying it would be nice to get my car back legal since my truck is down. Looks like Nate is willing to walk me through some troubleshooting over the phone tonight so things are looking up.

Last edited:

I just went through this before the Crawl. People kept saying my right brake light wouldn't work. Sure enough, hazards on it works fine, brakes on sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I can only conclude it's the tail light converter.

I would try a different one first, if you can find one on craigslist or a cheap one from Amazon. You can basically make one with a pair of relays, but it's probably far easier to pick up another converter.

When I got my LEDs they had no polarity marks, I tried them both ways and they worked either way. I had to look up why that was the case. Apparently it's a bridge rectifier.

bridgeprot.gif

Yes, it is almost too easy. I wouldn't be against them making it a little stricter.

How many other states recognize it? Most commonly accepted state permits are so because they have a marksmanship qualification. Because i have to shoot to get mine in tn its recognized most everywhere i care about going.

31 states iirc.
I plan on taking an in person class at some point. Iowa, Utah, Arizona combination class. With the Utah and Arizona non resident permits I can carry in 37.

Going to Crandon, WI this weekend for the Dirt Riot race.

Just going to watch, camp, hang, drink, taking just the RV with no trailer.

So over this past weekend, some guys suggested that we take I69 to the UP and go over instead of going via Chitcago.

Google says:
Via Chitcago 8 hrs 10 min 481 miles
Via UP 9 hrs 52 min 615 miles

Leaving Friday morning by 10am hopefully from Fort Wayne, returning Sunday during the day sometime.

UP seems a lot farther, but Chitcago traffic is messy...

Thoughts?

mac 'in an RRRRRRRRRRRRRRv clark!' gyvr

Back