• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix scanner port data question.

He keeps selling out really quick. The first batch sold out in 20 or so minutes and the second batch in 4 hours. I'll ask him when he will have more. And I'll see if I can find the code again.

I could not find his face book page either.

Well would yah lookie here, I finally found one. :sad1: Was curious if there was any talk about my Renix Engine Monitors out on any of the forums yet. 90xj06 pretty much nailed it on the head with that last post. I've only got limited supplies so I sell in small batches on ebay.

The facebook page is the place to be for updates on upcoming sales and contacting me for questions and concerns but I also post on my youtube and instagram a few days before a sale goes live. All NickInTimeFilms , so make sure you spell it right or you may not find it.

And old_man if you ever want to chat I'd love to exchange our findings or talk about the Renduinix code I've written. Need to do some digging into the hardware differences of the 2.5L's

I don't get email updates for this forum even though I'm subscribed to this thread which is weird. I could add a conversion for MAP sensor voltage if you wanted but it all comes from the same reading.

Hey nick you might want to go to the user control panel at the top left of thd page and edit your subscription options and/or verify you have the correct address there.

Well, figured I'd update you guys in here. Next sale goes live New Years Day, 1/1/17 at 12:30AM EST, 16 kits. Got a video if you like those and an ebay link but it won't work until the date above. If this link still doesn't work by then, just search up "Renix Engine Monitor" on ebay after the above date and it should come right up. My account says I'm subscribed but I have a feeling it still won't notify me so I'll try to check back every now and then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzR0mN6xJKg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Renix-Engine-Monitor-Jeep-Scan-Tool-/262783850744

Well, figured I'd update you guys in here. Next sale goes live New Years Day, 1/1/17 at 12:30AM EST, 16 kits. Got a video if you like those and an ebay link but it won't work until the date above. If this link still doesn't work by then, just search up "Renix Engine Monitor" on ebay after the above date and it should come right up. My account says I'm subscribed but I have a feeling it still won't notify me so I'll try to check back every now and then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzR0mN6xJKg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Renix-Engine-Monitor-Jeep-Scan-Tool-/262783850744

One think I noted this week with my Snap on MT-2500 is it does not give any CPS data all :(

Be so cool if yours gave a non running CPS voltage output at the ECU output reading, but I do not know if the RENIX ECU was ever able to that even with the AMC Jeep Renix scanners? Or perhaps read a signal to the ICM-HV coil from the ECU at least to see if the ECU is trying to send a spark to the spark plugs on a no start condition?

We have to use an AC setting on a volt meter and back probe the CPS.

Factory tester never showed CPS info.

I guess we can use cranking injector open time data from the MT-2500 or other scanners to imply an operating CPS?

I think I will pull the primary spark plug wire and ground it and try my MT-2500 out while cranking to see what data we do get???? Might get some hints, like cranking RPM? Which has a minimum per 5-90 for the ECU to start the engine. Also an actual ms reading (or changing one, or no ms reading-thus no CPS signal) on injector open time might be an indication the ECU has a CPS signal?? Surrogate data indicator?

Never thought of that before, then again my MT-2500 is new to me, barely used 2 since I got it 3 months ago.

Did the AMC-Renix scanner produce any cranking data???

are you referring to the crank sensor? or the cam sensor?

if the crank sensor is bad it will not show any engine rpms during cranking. and i also think it does not show injector pulse duration too.

there is not a whole lot of information dumped out the renix ecu.
it actually looks dulled down from what its actually capable of.

if the crank sensor is bad it will not show any engine rpms during cranking. and i also think it does not show injector pulse duration too.

There is no cam sensor on Renix.........

Bingo, yes the Crank sensor, so that would answer it, not RPM reading if the CPS is not being read by the ECU, cool, awesome even!!!!

What ?????

There is a second sensor in the distributor right?

That is in essence a Cam sensor right?

When it goes bad, the Renix ECU takes forever to start firing as it needs that sensor to decide if the CPS signal is the exhaust or compression stroke on cyl #1.

There is no cam sensor on Renix.........

What ?????

There is a second sensor in the distributor right?

That is in essence a Cam sensor right?

When it goes bad, the Renix ECU takes forever to start firing as it needs that sensor to decide if the CPS signal is the exhaust or compression stroke on cyl #1.

Nope. Has nothing to do with cam sensing.

Not true. Disconnect it and you won't even notice a thing different.

Back