• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NTK or Mopar O2 sensor, or are they the same?

Benthos

NAXJA Forum User
99xj

I ordered the ntk sensor after reading multiple posts of people saying that they were OEM. However after pulling the old one I see it has a Mopar number on it. I looked it up and sure enough there is a Mopar oxygen sensor for around a hundred bucks. The NTK 23151 looks identical minus the numbers.

A lot of people have bemoaned not going with OEM sensors. I have everything out because I'm doing the exhaust manifold and I don't want to do it again.

Should I put in the $30 NTK or go get a MOPAR?

Or are they the same?

First the general consensus is that you use NTK ones only.
What I used when I did mine.
Second it has been said that NTK is OEM on the internet.
Which I want to believe but it is the internet so..... LOL.
IMO you will be fine with the NYK's.

I use the NTK O2 sensors from NAPA.
I have purchased many genuine Mopar parts but O2 sensors hasn't been one of them.

OEM does NOT mean Mopar or dealer part.
OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer.
The idea is that if you get the OEM version its probably closer or maybe even the same as you'd get at the dealer.

I got the ntk sensor cause total strangers on this forum said the ntk works best. I dont freaking know. what is best. But what matters is that with the new ntk O2 sensor, and a brand new catalyst and a new egr transducer, my XJ passed the smog test. So evidently the ntk sensor is working, but is it the best? Are all other brands crapola and make your XJ belch smog, eat gasoline, and have the passing power of a VW Bus? I dont know.

I feel stupid. But my ntk sensor works, that's ALL I know I am not a learned man.

For what it's worth the ntk sensor came with high temperature copper anti-seize applied to the threads.

I bought some but didn't need it.

Fyi

Back