• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ISO Replacement Leaf Springs - OEM Quality -

SeanSS

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 that is in need of new rear leafs.

I am wondering what brands out there are similar to the OEM stuff.

Over the years, i have read countless threads and what not about how this
brand and that brand simple go down hill after a few months or a year and
you are stuck with sagging suspension again.

Part of me is ready for a zone lift, part of me wants to keep it stock for now.

So for now, just looking for OEM quality/replacement rear leafs.

Thanks for the help

Any more input on this?

Its time.

I had the Crowns, they came pre-rusted and sagged to an s-shape in 18 months. Others like them, so it may be luck of the draw. I have the Dormans now. Ride fine and haven't sagged, but do squeak. Need to try lubing them but not sure how to proceed.

I will say I tried to return the crowns under warranty and they didn't stand by it.

Last edited:
I have a set of the heavy duty Crowns in my shop now. They are destined for my 99XJ in the near future. I will get them in and then figure how much I need in the front to level out.

This is a pic of them, a couple days after arrival. Some of the paint got knocked off, but no rust.

ARUYkYz.jpg

I put on the Dorman leaf springs when mine was at stock height. This was in 2016. It initially lifted the rear by 3". It had a nasty forward take at first, but after a few hundred miles they settled in nicely and everything evened out properly. A couple years later I installed a 3" add-a-leaf RC lift. Everything is still nice and level. I've probably put 40-50k miles on the same Dorman leaf springs in those 4+ years and I'm still really happy with them.

I heard a bunch of negative about AAL suspension kits, but I wonder how much of that is because they're trying to lift an already saggy suspension?

I have the Crown Up Country's on a build. It was difficult to get the Crown bushing in them. I could not get the NAPA bushing in, at the large end.
I was looking at Husky, made in the USA through O'Rielys and possibly General Springs. I have no experience with either though.

Dorman 929-301?

Im now thinking about just investing in a 3-4.5" lift..

Going to start a new thread to gather info on that now.

Yes, that's the one. But they were $90 each then. I also didn't have plans for lifting it because it was still 2wd back then too. Maybe a full leaf pack lift kit would make more sense if it's going to be $300 for the set.

You may look into Dayton Springs through Husky Spring out of Minnesota. I think I paid under $150 for the pair of Upcountry leafs and added an OME AAL about 2 years ago and all is well. Pretty sure all said it was $275 with new factory hardware from Mopar and a Fleabay find of some NOS Comanche shackles. Rides good too and does well with light trailer.

I bought ones from Quadratec. You need to press to put the bushings in. It was a little low in the back before I started and frankly I didn't really notice much of a difference after the install. It hasn't sagged anymore changed in the last 10 years. Looks pretty level in the parking lot. But you may want to look towards lifting options instead of leaf spring replacement options if you want to get it up. A lot of the 4 by 4 shops will add a leaf for super cheap.

Back