• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Damn Craigslist Scammers!

ManBearPig

NAXJA Forum User
I have a Craiglist ad for 4 30's for $100

Email #1
This message from: [email protected] to ( ad # 4166 )
Goodday Friend, I am insterested in buying your Wheels & Tires ,let me know the price you are willing to sell it for me,and i will want you to attach the current picture and send it to me ok. Waiting.. Mr John..

Email#2
[FONT=courier, monaco, monospace, sans-serif]Thanks
for the response back.I am happy and satisfied with the information
about it okay and i hope all is going on fine with you and your family
today . I am sure in good condition.
This is all the requirements
needed at this time. I have someone that will handle everyother things
necessary when he comes to your location and this is my
agent/transporter. The price is okay by me and i will pay the amount
okay.I will like to pay the full amount plus an extra $70 for you to
keep other buyers off and $50 to have it deleted from the webiste till
it is picked up by this agent. So please reply back to me, and also
keep other buyers off. My banker will send you a certified Cashier's
Check of $1,750 and when you receive the cheque,you take it to your
Bank,so that you can have have the check cashed at the bank Can I trust
you to have it deposited in your Bank and when the money clears into
your Account, you can take your own money plus the extra money and
send/wire the balance to this agent/transporter that will come to your
location to collect it because the money /balance will be used by this
agent to pay for customs fees,flight charges,insurrance and other
expenses
during
the picking up and will be done by this my agent and this is the reason
why i have some to do the whole stress and you are not to do it for
me,okay .
So,let me know if i can trust you and get back to me
with your information below so that i can instruct the cheque to be
mailed to you.
If yes, kindly reply with the following payment details so I can inform him to make out payment to
you.
Thank you.
[/FONT] [FONT=courier, monaco, monospace, sans-serif]NAME AS TO APPEAR ON CHEQUE.................[/FONT]
[FONT=courier, monaco, monospace, sans-serif]HOME ADDRESS AND POST CODE...................[/FONT]
[FONT=courier, monaco, monospace, sans-serif]PHONE NUMBER TO REACH YOU ON.........{home,work & mobile}
Rgds,

[/FONT]

you would think that these scammers would be better at spelling and grammar....

Heres what i replied.......

[FONT=courier, monaco, monospace, sans-serif]NAME AS TO APPEAR ON CHEQUE.................[/FONT]
[FONT=courier, monaco, monospace, sans-serif]HOME ADDRESS AND POST CODE...................[/FONT]
[FONT=courier, monaco, monospace, sans-serif]PHONE NUMBER TO REACH YOU ON.........{home,work & mobile}
Rgds,
[/FONT]

Name is Jack MeHoff

Address is 666 Sphincter Hole, Wetback City, America 92148

phone number is home 555-555-5555
work 111-111-1111
cell 666-666-6666

Thanks. .!.
smile_teeth.gif
.!.

JohnJohn said:
Send him a picture. Give him your name and put his check in your interest baring savings account. Then never reply to his emails after that. It can take a 30-60 days for money orders to come back as fraud. :guitar:

reheheheally! hmmmnn:shhh:

ManBearPig said:
reheheheally! hmmmnn:shhh:

Yup. I deposited a $3500 money order for a Jeep Commando I was selling. Never heard from the guy again. My bank called me 45 days later and told me the money order was not good. I said really? oh well. They removed the $3500 from my account and never touched the interest money.

Maybe I the bank took record of the routing number and it saved some other people some headache. At least that what I tell myself so I can sleep. :shhh:

The reason they cannot spell or write is because they operate out of AFRICA!!! This exact same shit happened to my friend 2 years ago only it involved sub-leasing an apartment. He was screwed out of 3000 and is still paying it back to the bank. Dateline did a special on this a while back...

Jester99 said:
The reason they cannot spell or write is because they operate out of AFRICA!!! This exact same shit happened to my friend 2 years ago only it involved sub-leasing an apartment. He was screwed out of 3000 and is still paying it back to the bank. Dateline did a special on this a while back...

http://www.419eater.com/

If you have time, read how it works then check out the hall of shame....

I;m trying to sell a lift kit right now, the first reply i got didnt seem so fishy. He asked if it was still available and the condition. So i sent him a reply with a pic. I got a reply back and now he wants to pay my asking price plus 2900 to remove the ad.

set up a meeting with him, then go to an AOL chatroom and find the youngest girl there and set up a meeting with her (probly the COPS)...have them meet at the same time in the same place and tell the guy you are sending your daughter....then sit back and watch the magic on MSNBC...
Edit: tell him to bring condoms and a shotgun to trade for your kit...

I have been hit by 4 spammers who were deaf and wanting to by my stereo equipment. My mom played a long with one who sent her a check for rent 3500 dollars. She wa in south dakota supposedly, had a iowa address on the check and the ups tracked out of Phoinex. She took the check to wells fargo who informed her it was a stolen check. They sent it along to their fraud department

ManBearPig said:
Heres what i replied.......

[FONT=courier, monaco, monospace, sans-serif]NAME AS TO APPEAR ON CHEQUE.................[/FONT]
Rgds,
[/FONT]

Name is Jack MeHoff

Address is 666 Sphincter Hole, Wetback City, America 92148

phone number is home 555-555-5555
work 111-111-1111
cell 666-666-6666

Thanks. .!.
smile_teeth.gif
.!.

LOL thats a good one, post the response if one

DansGreyMj said:
I;m trying to sell a lift kit right now, the first reply i got didnt seem so fishy. He asked if it was still available and the condition. So i sent him a reply with a pic. I got a reply back and now he wants to pay my asking price plus 2900 to remove the ad.

I re-read his reply, and I didn't catch it the first time, but he said my ad seemed a little fishy.

I usually give them the name and address of the prosecuting attorney for our county (he is a good friend of mine).

I got one of those too. I sent it to their e-mail provider and craigslist with the hope that they would shut the account down. It's not much, but it would be great if they had to apply for a new e-mail address everytime they find someone in the know.

Back