• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0/AW4 swap help

Fsjcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I tried searching forums but it did not like what I was searching or could locate a thread. Apologize if this is a sticky somewhere. Hello I was recommended coming by the jeepforum guys. I have a 1995 YJ that someone swapped in a 1995 XJ 4.0/AW4 the wiring was pretty chewed up by mice but it still ran and drove before I swapped out the dash/interior harness that I sourced from a 95 YJ.
I believe what they did originally was used the entire XJ harness and integrated a lot of it into the dash. I am trying to clean things up and make it right again. However, I am having one hell of a time trying to source the engine side bulkhead pinout with the labeled pinout diagram. I can find the YJ version galore and even paid out to all data and their diagram I believe is for the pinout on the interior side and it is also not labeled,,ie turn signal, vss feed, etc.
I need this to hopefully get this back up and running again. If anyone has done this and lives near the West Central Indiana area I am more than happy to pay you for your time. I do not know why this particular year/model is such a cluster to find the information. I have even purchased a Chlitons manual and that diagram is missing all together. Or if someone could please send me a clear and accurate engine bay said bulkhead pinout you would be a God in my country. Thank you for your help.

Sorry, I have a 95 but it's rhd and I can even find a correct fuse block diagram. You are almost definitely going to need to find someone who has taken the time to label it by hand because I bet it doesn't exist otherwise.

You might want to post in the Midwest chapter. That is a healthy group, and there might be someone within range who can help you out.

What you want should be in the FSM (Factory Service Manual). Chilton's is like the Cliff's Notes of the FSM. However, be aware the FSM is copyrighted material and NAXJA is strict about not sharing images of that material on the site.

When I bought an FSM for my 92, what I got was one that covered the XJ, MJ, and YJ all in one set.

I did a quick look on factoryrepairmanuals.com (one place you can buy legal copies of the FSMs), and it looks like the 1995 manual covers both XJ and YJ (meaning you'd have both vehicles' info in a single manual set). Unfortunately, they show the 1995 manual as out of stock.

Interestingly, when I Googled for other legit sources, I found that Summit Racing lists the 1995 as available from them as well, and I noticed a couple listings for used copies on eBay as well.

For the magnitude of project you're facing here, buying the FSM would be money well spent. I'm not much of a wrench myself, but even I've found the FSM an invaluable resource.

Back