• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My XJ build

Yeah got to knock out the back today too. Added some 1.5" spacers in the rear to widen the 8.8 also. Got lazy with the paint tape on the rear, gonna have to redo it, crooked. dent was already there too ;)

trm4.jpg trm5.jpg trm2.jpg

Swapped out my hub conversion I had in my YJ and put it in the XJ since it's gonna be more of a daily than the YJ. alson swapped out the BFGs for General X3s that I had on the YJ. I have a Spartan locker in the XJ's D30 and noticed thats it's really loud, pops and just very obvious on turns and so forth including backing up. I have a Lock Right in the YJ and you can't even tell it's there. And there was a big difference in the install of both which could be the reason. Installing the Lock Right there's steps involving measurements with feeler gauges to assure you have certain tolerances between the carrier and locker, it's very specific. The Spartan you basically just slap it together and throw it in. It sure shows in performance.
attachment.php

Swapped out my hub conversion I had in my YJ and put it in the XJ since it's gonna be more of a daily than the YJ. alson swapped out the BFGs for General X3s that I had on the YJ. I have a Spartan locker in the XJ's D30 and noticed thats it's really loud, pops and just very obvious on turns and so forth including backing up. I have a Lock Right in the YJ and you can't even tell it's there. And there was a big difference in the install of both which could be the reason. Installing the Lock Right there's steps involving measurements with feeler gauges to assure you have certain tolerances between the carrier and locker, it's very specific. The Spartan you basically just slap it together and throw it in. It sure shows in performance.
attachment.php

I used to have a spartan in my xj and hated it. It would scare pedestrians when turning from how loud those pops could be. I now have a yukon grizzly up front and always forget taht it's there.

I used to have a spartan in my xj and hated it. It would scare pedestrians when turning from how loud those pops could be. I now have a yukon grizzly up front and always forget taht it's there.

Yeah up to the point of installing it I'd only heard good things about it

500 mile rear dif oil change and the oil looked real good, threw on a perty lil dif cover

zxsss.jpg zxss.jpg

Back