• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I got new ones and spent 45 minutes opening them up. "New carrier and locker" are installed. Will put the rest of it together tomorrow.

Sweet! Glad you got it squared away.

Well, think getting the jeep fixed is going on the back burner again unless this guy has already bought materials. Might pay for the "new" truck tomorrow.
After scrapping black one, selling parts, etc I should be pretty close to a free truck.
Should I keep the d70, sell it, or just send it to scrap with the rest of the stuff?

Pulled carpet, thinking about pulling dash and heater box. I don't think the seat is saveable, smells like it soaked up lots of mouse pee.
ahy3eda9.jpg

I wonder if I can cut the front main leaves out of black truck and make a bastard pack for the red one.

Well, think getting the jeep fixed is going on the back burner again unless this guy has already bought materials. Might pay for the "new" truck tomorrow.
After scrapping black one, selling parts, etc I should be pretty close to a free truck.
Should I keep the d70, sell it, or just send it to scrap with the rest of the stuff?

Pulled carpet, thinking about pulling dash and heater box. I don't think the seat is saveable, smells like it soaked up lots of mouse pee.
ahy3eda9.jpg

I wonder if I can cut the front main leaves out of black truck and make a bastard pack for the red one.

Need to upgrade to a D60 in the front.

I've never had good luck with carrier setup bearings. Backlash always changes for me.

Pinion setups though are the hot setup

I only use the bearings, I use the races I will be using in the final set up all the way through keeping them on same sides at all times. Backlash changes a hair but always stays in spec when going to final bearings.

Getting close now. They have this "Back to the Future" looking speaker box for their iPod. And all they play is house dance music.
This will teach me up ever leave my house again.

Getting close now. They have this "Back to the Future" looking speaker box for their iPod. And all they play is house dance music.
This will teach me up ever leave my house again.

I love how the youth want to go out in nature, then bring all the crap from the city to nature.

it's just so they can go get hammered and party and not have their neighbors call the popo.

assuming that they're using the bluetooth to boombox.

Just changed another starter in the 4.7.

Replacement #4 since I owned it.

I think think the extra California emissions cat being right below and the higher compression of the HO just kills them.

Or I can just buy a $300 dealer one, cross my fingers, and stop exchanging these.

Lifetime warranty. But is it worth it in the end?

At least it is not the 2.5 where you have to remove the exhaust.

With those extra cats it only goes in and out one way and it's not the way you would think. And even then you have to lean on it. Took me forever to figure it out the first time. I thought I was going to have to drop it.

Got it down pretty good now though.

Just changed another starter in the 4.7.

Replacement #4 since I owned it.

I think think the extra California emissions cat being right below and the higher compression of the HO just kills them.

Or I can just buy a $300 dealer one, cross my fingers, and stop exchanging these.

Lifetime warranty. But is it worth it in the end?

make a heat shield for between the Starter and CAT?

Based on the research I have done for work, most limits for starters are between 100*C and 150*C. Most are on the lower side.

Back