• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cut and weld... I mean cut nd fold

The section that went here: Did the kit require you to cut this off?
IE69HSV.jpg

My rear fender arches were cut and expanded (almost like a comp cut but just a couple of inches) so the bolt that goes on the inside of the wheel arch wouldnt match with the body work that was done.

I'm also not a fan of having to remove the whole piece if you ever had to get to the gas tank hoses. Cleaning all of the caulking or seam sealer would be a huge pain in the ass.

I do not like how all these companies laser cut their initials into their parts -- I get its a dog eat dog world in jeep parts but I purposely ignore parts with a name cut in them.

You want to sell to me you need to give me the "no name" option

Maybe I'm just too picky...

yeah it's in one of the pics I put in here. you got to cut alot off but it also strengthens it. and id rather have the fuel lines covered. it sucks if you have to get to em, but it's a jeep nothin easy to replace anyways lol

I do not like how all these companies laser cut their initials into their parts -- I get its a dog eat dog world in jeep parts but I purposely ignore parts with a name cut in them.

You want to sell to me you need to give me the "no name" option

Maybe I'm just too picky...
Right there with you.
Sucks getting old, huh? ;)

I don't mind if it has a branding cutout to an extent. hooligan offroads knuckle cutout I don't like tho its too much lol. But like IRO the flop shop or ironman4x4 its fine.

I don't care for the brass knuckle motiff either. I'm not a 25-year-old wannabe thug, so it's like wearing baseball caps backwards. Just. Don't. I'm too old. don't have time for the nonsense.

If they had something I absolutely HAD to have, I would either weld or JB-Weld their logo closed. Problem solved, problem stayin' solved.

But they don't. So I won't. ;)

That's where im at with their stuff. yes their frame stiffeners are nice, but im gonna be going IRO for mine (less $$$) although I do want one of their portable XJ grill firepits lol

I don't care for the brass knuckle motiff either. I'm not a 25-year-old wannabe thug, so it's like wearing baseball caps backwards. Just. Don't. I'm too old. don't have time for the nonsense.

If they had something I absolutely HAD to have, I would either weld or JB-Weld their logo closed. Problem solved, problem stayin' solved.

But they don't. So I won't. ;)

Pretty sure the "kids" haven't worn their hats backwards since the late 80's to early 90's. Its all about flat billing now. Sheesh you must be old. :D

Pretty sure the "kids" haven't worn their hats backwards since the late 80's to early 90's. Its all about flat billing now. Sheesh you must be old. :D

Why you young whippersnapper.. ;P

(yeah, my son has one of those idiotic hats. It's ALL I can do to not take it from him, soak it and wrap it around a soda can till it dries. Freaking retarded looking crap)

I thought Hooligan had a no emblem option...

I'll be 49 on March 19th -- Does that make me old?

I'll be 47 18 May. So at least I can call you older than I...

Agree on the initials/logos being cut into parts. I won't buy them. And, flat bill hats are gay indicators. When I was a kid, kids got beat up for such.

I'm with you old guys (and probably older than you all) on the laser-cut logos. I installed Rusty's quarter panel armor a while back and painted the area under each logo black to minimize the appearance of the logo. But I wasn't satisfied with that after a bit and put stickers over three out of four of them. I've allowed them one remaining visible logo, but against a black background it's well subdued. And don't get me started on Facebook!

Oh, and I like the look of this flop shop cut and fold product. Other than the logo of course.

Last edited:
As I said, the black paint subdues the logo pretty well. But I still didn't like having four Rusty's logos on my Jeep.

3685f2ddbd72b5967cc15419c5606a06.jpg

I was actually thinking about buying the Rusty's cut corners. Similar product but they're $50. Then there is a second piece which is sold separately for over the fuel filler hose. Might just make my own though. The PO really jacked up the cut and fold. I was thinking of cutting off some rear quarters from another Cherokee and welding them onto mine so I could cut and fold them correctly. Lol.

Back