• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another broken trackbar

azxjman

NAXJA Forum User
I broke my rustys trackbar sat. night on a local trail run around 2 in the morning when it broke It bent my right front shock so anyways called up rusty this morning and he is sending me a new trackbar and shock pretty good deal if you ask me. What we ended up doing is using a rear trackbar from a yj to get me home.

pretty good deal? it broke on the trail, almost left you stranded, id just get my $$ back...not get another RUSTYS item...

Re: Re: Another broken trackbar

CW. said:
It is good that he is going to replace it.

yj's are leaf sprung and don't have trackbars. TJ's have coils all around and do.

noooo, YJs have trackbars as well

Re: Re: Re: Re: Another broken trackbar

brcomputer said:
yeah ... it seems illogical but they do ....

:werd:

What is with these loyal cRusty part buyers? Jezus, the guy is selling crap that will kill you if it breaks.....hello, DEATH????

And then they ALL say "yeah, but he's a great guy.....and look he replaced his defective crap...."

OMFG, I guess P.T. Barnum was right......

I agree that a broken trackbar is no laughing matter, I think someone a whlie back had one break on the highway. From what I have heard I wouldn't buy his trackbar.

Why do yj's have trackbars in the rear? I guess I will keep my uneducated mouth shut. :rolleyes:

Dan Turner said:
YJs have them in the front too. They have been "Naderized" so that they will handle as well as a Yugo.

Dan

HAHA

Dan Turner said:
YJs have them in the front too. They have been "Naderized" so that they will handle as well as a Yugo.

Dan

Actually, the older CJ's wallered in and out of a lane at speed. This was found to be caused by the Leaf springs up front shifting to follow the road, and the rubber bushings did little to correct it.
By adding a trackbar, AMC eliminated the "roll" effect of the rubber bushings and it was extremely more stable at speed.

Ralph Nader wasn't all bad (unless you count increased insurance premiums just because it said Jeep on the title) He gave us the 1982 wide trac axles and these track bars.

:rolleyes: :confused: :D

CW. said:
I guess I will keep my uneducated mouth shut. :rolleyes:

youve got yourself a deal

WooHoo...pothead for Nader! Oh wait, that was in the last election.
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Go and buy yourself an adjustable from RE and be done with it. With all the different complaints I have heard about Rusty's, I don't think I would buy anything from him.

I went riding with a new friend from Ga. this weekend. His freaking xj just about unhinged. I was so impressed. Just a 3.5" RE flexy lift and 32"s but check this out.....
fae76375.jpg

He had never flexxed it so much, found his brake lines acting as limiting straps, lol. A RE HD track bar and bracket. Damn nice.
fae76363.jpg

hjeep, i wasn't laughing at the fact that the bar broke....i dont poke fun on forums:cool:

i was laughin at what vintage wrote...

I agree with him.. why replace it with the same product that failed? did Rusty change his fab process? (not fabulous);)

get a RE HD and bracket....be happy

JMHO

jjvande said:
hjeep, i wasn't laughing at the fact that the bar broke....i dont poke fun on forums:cool:

i was laughin at what vintage wrote...

Dont worry man, i was just wonderin'

Back