• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front AX-15 driveshaft needed

Jeep450r

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I need a front driveshaft out of a 5 speed Xj with the AX-15 tranny. The slip portion on mine has gotten loose over the years and is completely unbearable now.

Let me know if you have one! I need one by next weekend if possible.

You need a whole shaft or just the slip yoke end. I'm sure I have a few shafts laying around I can pul one off. You can have it for free. If the splines are ok that should be a fix

Probably a whole new shaft... I think the splines are all worn out. Ill try to pull the shaft apart tomorrow after class and check it out.

I could have sworn I posted this in the for sale section. My bad!

Thanks Josh.

I pulled the shaft apart and I cant tell which side is worn... So I guess Im still looking for an ax-15 front shaft.

badabump. still in desperate need of an ax-15 front shaft!

You need a whole shaft or just the slip yoke end. I'm sure I have a few shafts laying around I can pul one off. You can have it for free. If the splines are ok that should be a fix

If the slip joint is shot, you're better off replacing the whole thing.

NB: The front driveshaft from the BA-10 in the same vehicle will also work.

kevin go to pnp.

Well I guess I dont need one anymore. I must have tweaked my driveshaft just right on this last rubicon trip becuase it doesnt vibrate anymore! Thanks for the help anyways guys!

Back