• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Projext "V8 XJ" Build

I ran into this on mine recently. Little different but I but new springs on mine, the way I had my shackles it sat crazy tall in the back. I eyeballed some new mounts, burned em on all looked ok, little more angle than I wanted but not terrible. After a few runs and the springs settled they were doing like yours. I didn't want to cut new mounts out and cut off the old ones so I cut the shackles in half and spliced in a 1in long piece of 2x2 tube. Plated em up and it fixed the angle. But now it sits high in the back again. It wasn't the best option but it was quick and it works.

I would move the frame shackle mount location back one more. I know it looks like you will loose lift. But i bet it will get the shackle angle back closer where it needs to be. I have the same relocation kit with longer than stock leafs. I used the boostwerks shackle to gain back a bit if lift. But the nolift boxes helped a ton with rear body roll. Not sure why but body roll was way better with them than the previous setup with the drop boxes and same leafs and shorter shackles.

I would move the frame shackle mount location back one more. I know it looks like you will loose lift. But i bet it will get the shackle angle back closer where it needs to be. I have the same relocation kit with longer than stock leafs. I used the boostwerks shackle to gain back a bit if lift. But the nolift boxes helped a ton with rear body roll. Not sure why but body roll was way better with them than the previous setup with the drop boxes and same leafs and shorter shackles.

I actually tried. The nut for the shackle won’t fit. There’s a Bend right behind that hole and the nit won’t actually sit flush. I’ll probably just fab up something simple and bolt in.

Ok so here’s the “few hour crossmember”. I actually like the way it turned out and really don’t see a need to change it. It’s just a 27” piece of 2x6 3/16 wall. Cut some 45’s in it so we can actuallly get to the bolts:
Yvvad4B.jpg

Drilled a couple of new holes:
amKd5cM.jpg

And mounted it up! I’ll try to grab a daytime picture tomorrow. I drilled a couple of more holes in the middle for the transmission mount and we’re in business:
MrFClOH.jpg

Oh and a braided line broke on my today. Went to test the fuel system and on the back frame rail I had a massive fuel leak. When I disconnected the rear brake hose I just have smashed the braided line or something. I don’t have time to replace the entire hose so I’m just going to splice in a repaired line and it should work perfectly.

I actually tried. The nut for the shackle won’t fit. There’s a Bend right behind that hole and the nit won’t actually sit flush. I’ll probably just fab up something simple and bolt in.

You have to notch that original shackle mount back before you install the box. Part of the install instructions i think. I ended up using that same hole.

You have to notch that original shackle mount back before you install the box. Part of the install instructions i think. I ended up using that same hole.

I honestly don’t think that will give me enough. I’ll try it eventually. I might just have to dab some drop brackets that bolt into the no lifts.

Crossmember looks good. Very similar to how mine turned out when i swapped in my atlas.
Yea it’s super simple. But it’ll work just fine.

We made it to Dallas! It was a long couple of days but we’ve landed. The Jeep is probably going to sit for a few months without any work. We’re in a rental house and we’re just waiting on our Vegas home to close. Once it does we’ll buy our own home and then work cannstart again
1crb07L.jpg

Back