• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Fest 2022 ! Aug 1st-7th !

i got the new rig finished up for now so it should be good to go and ill have both my girls with me too

Just got the notification for PTO being approved. Cant wait to do the whole trail Loon to Tahoe and first time doing the entire Sierrafest.

Hello All: I see some have posted up they're going, but please email me your details at: [email protected] to be formally registered!

Here's the list I have so far of who has reached out and provided their details formally:

cj_mike - Hermit only
Blondejon - Full trip
AlboyXJ97 - Full trip
Gordo - Full trip
Raffi and crew - K-Suspension, NAXJA Vendor! Can't wait to see you on the trail! - Full trip
Skruffy - SoCal Chapter member joining first Sierra Chapter event, welcome! - Full trip
XJJeeper Sean O. - SoCal Chapter member joining first Sierra Chapter event, welcome! - Full trip, please send shirt details as you're able
Matt H - Hermit Only
Casey - Full trip
JeepMe Jeff - Please send me your details as you're able
GraphicCivillian Justin C - Please send me your details as you're able
Twinhauler - Please send me your details as you're able
Phil - Please send me your details as you're able
Nickangus - Please send me your details as you're able
StarboardD + StarboardM + OnTheRocks - Please send me your details as you're able
SDSpearo - Please send me your details as you're able
notownxj - Please send me your details as you're able
vetteboy - Please send me your details as you're able
Lobsterdbm - Please send me your details as you're able

Last edited:
Keep the registrations coming in!! Pre-reg deadline coming up July 1st to guarantee you a t-shirt! Yes, you can still register after that but we can NOT guarantee you a shirt!

I will be traveling for the next 9 days so please excuse a delayed response from me but still message me nonetheless and will aggregate final registrations before submitting our shirt order in early July.

Look forward to seeing you all in August!

75$ covers:
T shirt
Beer cozie
taco tuesday
Raffle BBQ
Stickers
Other misc costs we have to run SierraFest.
working on a badass grandprize.

Per Rig

Extra adults will be an extra charge for Taco Tues or the BBQ.

If you have another rig in your group that is another registration. But other adults its just a little bit more for meals.

e mailed mike last week.

We got you down Jeff. Thanks man.

Tomorrow is the last day to Pre- Reg and be guaranteed a shirt. If you reg after that date you might not get a shirt.

Our shirt order right now is around 60 shirts, last year was 130 shirts.

Do you guys have any feedback as to why the shirt orders are way down ? Bad economy, gas prices, dont like the design, what else?

Registration is lighter than last year, but its barely lighter. But sure counts are down massively.

Please post up here if you plan to reg and haven't heard back from mike if you hit him up.

Last edited:
So, just curious. What's the common radio used now? I still have your average, everyday CB radio. If I remember right, about the only person I could talk to last time I was out there (2019) was Eric. So, I guess I better upgrade my radio options before I attend this year. Thanks.

Rob we mostly use the cheapo Baofengs off amazon

Didn't order a 2nd shirt or sweatshirt bc the wife felt like she has enough shirts

What does “ Saturday - Boards Crossing and Deer Valley” mean? Either/or? One then the other?

Plans changed so planning now on Friday night through Sunday morning. Me and my daughter in the buggy, and a friend and his daughter in a YJ on like 31s.

Right now I'm 50/50 on being able to attend. Still out of the country on travel and may not return in time. If I'm able to join you guys it'll be a last minute decision.

What does “ Saturday - Boards Crossing and Deer Valley” mean? Either/or? One then the other?

Plans changed so planning now on Friday night through Sunday morning. Me and my daughter in the buggy, and a friend and his daughter in a YJ on like 31s.

I don't think anyone plans to run boards, so I just deleted that one. People can feel free to run it if they feel like it.

I'm thinking that I will try and run boards on the way home just to say that I did it.

I'm also hoping that I'm not too tired after Rubicon to wheel Strawberry to Deer Valley to Hermit. We will see how Im feeling and supplies restocking situation and such.

Is there enough water in Deer Creek or Blue Creek to drop a kayak in? Or just wait to get to Lower Blue Lake?

No idea. sometimes its deep sometimes its shallow.

I'm thinking that I will try and run boards on the way home just to say that I did it.

I'm also hoping that I'm not too tired after Rubicon to wheel Strawberry to Deer Valley to Hermit. We will see how Im feeling and supplies restocking situation and such.

Oh cool I just looked and Strawberry 4WD trail is open! “These trails are within the Caldor wildfire area so proceed with caution.” Now I kind of want to go check it out.

Back