• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Riv-nuts

Nimrod

Degenerate Jeeper
NAXJA Member
Does anyone know where to buy riv-nuts around the LA area? I tried four different hardware/home improvement stores today and struck out. I’ve looked online at all the auto parts stores I can think of, nutserts, using rivnuts, rivet nuts, and threaded inserts as search terms, but struck out again. I’d like to finish a project tomorrow so I don’t want to order online and wait for delivery if I can help it. Anyone know who carries them in stock?

Last edited:
My best guess would be to try Harbor Freight.

Worst case scenario, depending on how important your time is, you could buy their complete kit, tool and riv-nuts. Online it looks like about a $25 item. Assuming it is legal for sale and use in Kalifornia.

Hardware store open on a Sunday? Good luck.
Last place I bought rivnuts was from Amazon with next day delivery.

Did you try Fastenal, McMaster-Carr, Grainger? All those places seem to have LA storefronts or will-call.

Yeah, I bought mine from McMaster. I also bought the setting tool as well. We have two real hardware stores in Yucaipa but I haven't seen them there.

A shame, I have a complete kit here at the house which you'd be welcome to use..

David Bricker / SYR

I resigned myself to having to wait and ordered some from Amazon. Of course, as soon as they arrive I’ll be walking down the aisle of some hardware or auto parts store and find them hanging from a peg board. Ohh well.

I resigned myself to having to wait and ordered some from Amazon. Of course, as soon as they arrive I’ll be walking down the aisle of some hardware or auto parts store and find them hanging from a peg board. Ohh well.

I have plenty in various sizes that you're welcome to come pick up if you want to get them prior to your Amazon delivery.

Let me know. Located in Lakewood (90712).

Steven

Every hardware store with the hardware bins for all types of nuts and bolts I have been in within the last 10 years has always had them. Take a look.

It’s a moot point now, but thanks. I checked bins at five different stores without success. Three out of four hardware sales guys I asked had no idea at all what a rivnut is, even after I explained it to them. The fourth guy — at a shop I stumbled onto after ordering from Amazon — knew right away what I meant and pointed me right to the rivnut bins, but the 1/4-20 bin was empty and that was what I needed. Anyway, Amazon came through and I finished my project.

Back