• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front frame stiffener and bumper tie in brackets

alek21

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have a layout drawing for some front frame stiffeners and bumper tie in brackets they would be willing to share? In Cad or a PDF. Have access to a WaterJet and would rather cut them myself than buy them. Not looking to sell them just wanna make a set for myself. Thanks!

And by front frame stiffener I'm talking about the ones in the fender well

Thanks

Cardboard aided Drafting template

most people who do DIY do the cardboard method. it works well.
i decided not to be cheap and just bought the HDOR stiffeners.
fitment was great. my time was worth more than trying to do cut it myself.

if you insist on using the waterjet, and are have access to a CAD program (NX, Catia, SolidWorks, etc...) there is a company that has a plan view image of their part in math (youll have to find it yourself). you could trace the image in CAD, dimension one of the holes, and the rest of it should then scale properly. from there you can export to a DXF for your cut file. its arguably theft, hence why i decided to just buy stiffeners.

I used a spray adhesive on poster board and/or corrugated cardboard. Allow the adhesive to dry enough that it sticks but also releases. It really helps with keeping the pattern from shifting or sagging. Magnets are great for third hands.

Thanks for the tips guys. I’m familiar with the cardboard special lol. Figured if someone had a layout to save some time And take advantage of the ease of WaterJet. And for the price of a brand name stiffener I can damn near buy a whole sheet of 3/16. Thanks guys :clap:

Back