• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford super duty axles in a Xj

Evan03

NAXJA Forum User
I like this topic and have been on a half search for a set. Ive made a few phone calls I've begged bartered but have yet to come up with a pair.
Right now there's a set for 1000 but I'm flat broke.

So for these axles to go in my xj the housing will be stripped of all its brackets. Coil mounts sway bars everything. Itl probably get a truss before brackets go back on. On this one coil mounts and everything will start from scratch. Im not happy that I stripped my dana 30 but left factory coil mounts.

Depending on axle link mount width i may need to cut my frame side link brackets and turn them so heims aren't ridding at misalignment. No i don't think ill run link mounts outside the frame.

Wider link mounts on the axle will make alittle more triangulation helping the track bare locate the axle side to side.

Rear is easy. And I may incorporate 1-2" of lift into spring pads cut from 1/4" plate. Its not time for me to link the rear yet.

For wheels and tires ive already decided on h1 bead locks to keep stance as narrow as possible i may also looking into narrowing both axles if i feel its to wide.

I'd like to anchor some axles to have for a winter project come into spring with a different little critter ready to hit the dirt.

Not Superduty, but I narrowed my kingpin 60 by 4” off the long side only to control the width and bring the pinion 2” closer to center. WMS width then came to about 65”.

Hindsight, I would have considered narrowing it to match a “stock” D60 inner, Ford or Chevy or whatever, so I could order a chromoly shaft out of a catalog instead of full custom.

I like this topic and have been on a half search for a set. Ive made a few phone calls I've begged bartered but have yet to come up with a pair.
Right now there's a set for 1000 but I'm flat broke.

So for these axles to go in my xj the housing will be stripped of all its brackets. Coil mounts sway bars everything. Itl probably get a truss before brackets go back on. On this one coil mounts and everything will start from scratch. Im not happy that I stripped my dana 30 but left factory coil mounts.

Depending on axle link mount width i may need to cut my frame side link brackets and turn them so heims aren't ridding at misalignment. No i don't think ill run link mounts outside the frame.

Wider link mounts on the axle will make alittle more triangulation helping the track bare locate the axle side to side.

Rear is easy. And I may incorporate 1-2" of lift into spring pads cut from 1/4" plate. Its not time for me to link the rear yet.

For wheels and tires ive already decided on h1 bead locks to keep stance as narrow as possible i may also looking into narrowing both axles if i feel its to wide.

I'd like to anchor some axles to have for a winter project come into spring with a different little critter ready to hit the dirt.

Check out Elko Man Cave or other Elko area classifieds. I swear there was an F250 available for parts last week. I can't say what it had under it tho'.

I check. I usually always check Elko, my cousins are there and can grab stuff when deals come up you can't pass up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back