• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dirt bound bumpers.....

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking for another Mohave DIY cut-n-fold bumper. They don't show them anymore on their website. I just got off the phone with them and they are re-doing the line-up, she did not have a answer for me on that particular item and said she would get back with me. Just when I had decided to quit building my own bumpers!

jcr does a few similar ones, perhaps its what your looking for. ive always been curious iv db/jcr buy from a third party because they had a couple bumpers that were pretty much identical.

I have the IRO rear bumper. Very 'thin', as in approach angles. Less welding. I'll have to do the tanker tuck on the rear quarters to match the bumpers.

I just got off the phone with Dirtbound. They "think" they are still going to offer the one I want but to call back in a couple of weeks to confirm that. I looked at the JCR and IRO and wasn't very impressed for my needs.

jcr does a few similar ones, perhaps its what your looking for. ive always been curious iv db/jcr buy from a third party because they had a couple bumpers that were pretty much identical.

I can say with certainty that DirtBound does not outsource their XJ bumpers. I've ordered from them several times over the years and can tell you they're building their own parts. I even spoke with Max "the owner" personally when there was an issue with a hoop kit I purchased a few years ago. He took care of it right away and is a great guy to deal with. I've done their DIY front and rear bumper, a DIY tire carrier, a battery mount kit and bought a hoop kit for a bumper that I built myself - all from DirtBound. They're a great company. I can't speak for JCR as I've never dealt with them.

yeah i have a Diy db front bumper, good stuff imo. Do you know if they were Fortress 4x4 before they were dirt bound? that eagle logo and sticker was with mine when i got it. it suprised me a little but it did come from Db.

At the rate things are progressing before I will get a answer I might just build it my-self.

I don't see any rear bumpers there but it doesn't matter as I put in a big steel order today. I am definitely going with my own build.

Back