• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1989 cherokee laredo

TLowery04

NAXJA Forum User
just a feeler thread for what this truck might go for parted out.

trying to decide whether it worth my time and money to rebuild it or not.

its a 4.0, with a dented front quarter panel, automatic trans and as far as axles go i would assume its the stock d30 and 35 - but i dont know how to tell them apart so I'm probably not the best judge. all the glass is good, cept the windsheild, and i was told it had a bad ecm, but have not tested it or tried to turn it over yet, just sitting in my parking space at my apartment.

heres a good pic to see the differences.
Covers.jpg

edging more towards parting it out, but i dont have a place to dis-assemble,

has dana 35 rear.

would like to break even if somebody wants the whole rig.

might want my new set of spark plug wires.

its up on craigslist phoenix, i have a thread in oem, and as of yet 4 weeks later we have not been able to get it to both start AND run AND idle.

all the mechanic of it seem bueno, engine sounds good, have not been able to test the rest of the drive train but it seems the truck was in good shape mechanically before the guy decided he was an electrician and re-wired everything.

why cant people just leave wires in vehicles alone...

anywho.

pm with offers, or whatever, if i cant get it to run, great, if i can break even parting it out then recycling the carcass, thats just peachy too.

I also dont have a place to part it out over any period of time,

hoped to get 1k for the whole rig, but cash talks and bs walks.

How much you want for the whole thing? and if you just part it out I will let you use my driveway to do it. Just so long as I get to help.

price as usual is always negotiable, i had said that i was shotoing for 1000 because its an unknown ignition/idle problem and everything else seems to work fine. But if anyone is interested in an '89 laredo parts rig, with bad wiring. make me an offer i can't refuse :confused1

and i thank you for the offer of using your space but I'm up in flagstaff and for parting a rig out, mesa is a might too far away :shocked:

Yeah i noticiced where you live after i posted the reply. Have you checked the idle speed sensor? that sometimes plays a part in the not running right.

yeah I'm pretty sure its a problem with the distributer, guy before me thought it had an ecm problem.

so i think someone put a chrysler distributor in a renix setup, or something along those lines, the wiring has some joe-schmo work on it, and i think thats the main problem.

I jsut dont have the money or time to work on it anymore,

i would prefer to sell the whole vehicle, dont be afraid to make an offer, who knows you might just get it!

I would make an offer if I had the money. But im looking for another one for my brother, or just another heep to rip apart.

ok another round of tests done today,

if anyone is interested in the whole jeep, we put a new filter in it, and the pressure is very limited. so we think its a fuel pressure regulator because the pump cycling put out about an ounce of fuel into a graduated cylinder.

Back