• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running Detours XJ Unibody "Rok Slyder"

wescam

NAXJA Forum User
The URL is here

http://detoursusa.com/xjrokslyders.php

I searched about T-Case skids with this set up, but didn't find the answer here or elsehwere.

I mailed them because I didn't see how other vendors' T-Case skids would work with this product.

The answer was that they are working with a vendor to provide one that's compatable (future product), and/or I could have one fabbed up locally, and/or I could buy a T-case skid, send it to them for mods, then it would work.

I'm asking if people who use this product

-- did you use Detours to fab up mods to your t-case skid?

-- or did you get a local fab shop (or DYI) your own T-Case skid?

-- or do you just run around nekkid with this product installed and no T-case skid...

:D

I know these are kind of costly, but I like them. So I'm trying to figure if they are worth the extra effort/time/cost to get them working with a t-case skid.

Thanks

I picked up just the chassis stiffeners from detours this week. With the recent install of the clayton's longarms, I didn't need the front arm mount portion so he made an un-finished set to my specs.
I will be extending them up to the front shock mount location using 1x3 boxtube. The stiffeners mount to the outside of the "frame" so even the factory t-case skid will work without any modification. I plan on plating the bottom of the rails and stiffeners with a 5"x1/4" cold rolled plate that will protect the rails from rock damage, and serve as a belly skid mount. These will tie into the 2x6 box rockers and then become part of the cage mounting points. Detour's Rokslyders are well worth the money IMO, as the complete system, or as an integrated component of a chassis.

Well it looks like your custom stiffeners are about the same (in the area of the t-case anyway) as the stock stiffeners (?)

If so, I can maybe just run a stock or near stock t-case skid. (Unless they just suck, I'll ask around)

Thanks for the reply.

wescam said:
Well it looks like your custom stiffeners are about the same (in the area of the t-case anyway) as the stock stiffeners (?)

If so, I can maybe just run a stock or near stock t-case skid. (Unless they just suck, I'll ask around)

Thanks for the reply.

i ahve a stock t-case skid sitting in my dads garage - it mounts with 4? bolts - 2 on the bottom of the x member and 2 on the bottom of the fraimrail - and should work for your application - PM if interested

Yep, that's the reason they are saying they aren't 100 percent compatable with aftermarket skids for the T-Case.

Most of the more beefy ones have an L shaped end that bolts up to the unibody rail (or whatever you call the thing that isn't really a frame rail) both underneath and on the OUTBOARD side.

So that's the conflict. I just dindn't see it before, but I found some more close ups...

another option (not to try to kill our deal) is the x-member mounted skids - like the one from JKS mfg...
http://www.jksmfg.com/hd_x-member.htm

that one runs 300 - not sure if there are cehaper out there...

Back