• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flex coupler

92DripCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
here's the 5-inch exhaust flex coupler welded into my front pipe.
Been there a year, no cracks so far. This was welded by an exhaust shop in orlando, I installed the APN header and he did the rest.

IMG_0104.jpg IMG_0101.jpg

Cool?

I think you should have tucked that up a bit farther up. Even for a street Jeep. The curbs at the mall seem to be getting bigger!

Just got one put on. I did it closer to the cat so it was up higher. I just replaced my manifold this A.M. and did this right after.
flexpipe001.jpg

5-90 said:
Hm. Is that something that any exhaust shop should have? I'd think so, but I'd like to make sure.

If not, where are you guys picking these things up?

One of my commercial accounts (I work at O'Reillys auto) keeps them in stock. I went to Ripley muffler right down the street from me. It was about 80.00 for the whole job which included the parts and labor. plus they welded up the rest of the exhaust for me aswell.

magimerlin said:
And yes any exhaust shop can put these in

Oh, I'd figured any shop could put them in - I just wanted to make sure that just about any shop would have them to put in from the off...

Once I get the engine management done on my 88 (right after I get that 1990 cut up, and we'll probably move again in the meantime. Damn...) I plan to redo the exhaust as well - and I've been thinking about sticking in a flex coupler there anyhow.

Back