• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BOD trial period

ECKSJAY

Water is dirty
Are we holding elections after the Naches event? Should be at the end of 6 months by then... The event would be cool to meet everyone so they know who they're voting for. ;) How's that work, anyway? Do we have NAXJA folks outside our Chapter handle the voting and whatnot since we already have a BOD?

ECKSJAY said:
Are we holding elections after the Naches event? Should be at the end of 6 months by then... The event would be cool to meet everyone so they know who they're voting for. ;) How's that work, anyway? Do we have NAXJA folks outside our Chapter handle the voting and whatnot since we already have a BOD?

You that anxious to get rid of us. :D

I looked back on some older posts and found that we became a chapter on December 19, 03. That puts our trial period over at around June 19, 04. Seems though that we once had a discussion (can't find it anywhere), that we'd hold elections after NW Fest. I believe that was when NW Fest was tentativly scheduled for early June though.

I don't think it would be that great of an idea to change BOD positions right before an event, especially, since we will end up meeting a lot of folks at the event and really getting to know them personally.

If anyone objects to the extension of the BOD positions untill after NW Fest, please speak up.

Steve

Haha, not anxious to get rid of anyone.

How has the BOD been, anyhow? Been working on anything or has everything just been idle until the Fest? You guys meet up at all? What was the session schedule?

ECKSJAY said:
Haha, not anxious to get rid of anyone.

How has the BOD been, anyhow? Been working on anything or has everything just been idle until the Fest? You guys meet up at all? What was the session schedule?

No, most things are handles over PM. Hans is 2 hours North of me, and Judd is 2 hours South of me, so meetings to discuss things aren't exactly convenient for anyone.

We are still working at some small issues and discussions (have to get a bank account and the such). For the most part, the Chapters are not high-maintenance.

Steve (wish I was out working on the XJ, damn flu is killing me)

Yeah I knew everyone was apart...so I didn't mean "meet" literally. ;) I figured stuff would be electronic.

If the Chapter needs an account I'd be happy to oblige. The SO here is at key Bank and can hook something up. Let me know. Also let me know if there's anything I can do to help out. I'm bored as hell lately.

ECKSJAY said:
Yeah I knew everyone was apart...so I didn't mean "meet" literally. ;) I figured stuff would be electronic.

If the Chapter needs an account I'd be happy to oblige. The SO here is at key Bank and can hook something up. Let me know. Also let me know if there's anything I can do to help out. I'm bored as hell lately.

We are still discussing it, but I'll let you know.

If you are that bored, you can always volunteer for something like 'Meal Coordinator' during NW Fest. But if we all go hungry, it'll be your fault :D

Willis said:
We are still discussing it, but I'll let you know.

If you are that bored, you can always volunteer for something like 'Meal Coordinator' during NW Fest. But if we all go hungry, it'll be your fault :D

Amen... we need some peeps to volunteer for the fest.

Back