• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Dang... and I just got back into jeeps...

No worries because I am definitely getting another rig. Id like to have one before New year's but we will see.

So... I sold my XJ over the weekend.

Not to be too alarmed... I'm looking at getting another rig with what I got from the sale. Instead of buying one super cheap and building myself, I'm looking at buying an already built rig.

Surprisingly enough, there are some decent rigs for around what I sold my XJ for.

I'm looking for either a YJ or a Bronco. I found a built 88 Bronco, solid axles, in Sparta for $3100. I may pull the trigger on that.

Oh, and welcome back Mark!

I like the broncos, those are tough! Thanks Brian!

I need a headlight harness for an 89. Does anyone know if there is still one made for them?

I found a light harness and got one ordered. I'm hoping that this will eliminate the "dim" headlights when I hit the brake pedal.

I found a light harness and got one ordered. I'm hoping that this will eliminate the "dim" headlights when I hit the brake pedal.
I'd also use a multimeter to check voltage drop at the battery and alternator voltage regulator. It may have a somewhat weak charging system that has trouble keeping up with the load, a loose connection, or bad ground somewhere.

Yesterday at windrock was a success. The 8.8 lsd did wonders with the extra clutch pack. Complimented the lunchbox front nicely. My bastard pack rear needs major help from relocation brackets for sure though. The drw 1 ton has more articulation in the rear...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I decided that I'll never get the window frame straight enough to take a windshield, so I decided to proceed with plans to make it a window-less trail rig. First step is to get rid of all the carpet.

I pulled the interior and got rid of the carpet. Lots of surface rust, but nothing that is rotting through. I'll do as much rust mitigation as I can and then Herculiner the floor and call it good.

Dirk, if I were you, I'd look into a Lexan windshield for the xj, and trim it to fit your "custom" windshield frame, so you can keep the thing at least *mostly streetable.
I bet someone males a Lexan option to accommodate the JeepSpeed guys.

On my 2 door, today I either got a lot closer to fixing my electrical issues, or a whole lot closer to scrapping the damn thing.
I got the bulkhead connector apart, and got the corroded fuse box terminals replaced, but found some super nasty black goo in the bulkhead connector, as well as a buttload of ridiculous crap wiring surrounding an aftermarket cruise control setup that looked like it was installed by rabid crackheads.
All the cruise control junk has been removed now, and I'll spend some time this week trying to clean out that bulkhead connector. Hopefully I haven't completely screwed this thing up worse than it was, but before, literally all I had was start, run, and headlights.
Reassembly and testing will determine where I'm at with it. Sure hope it's actually better.

I decided that I'll never get the window frame straight enough to take a windshield, so I decided to proceed with plans to make it a window-less trail rig. First step is to get rid of all the carpet.

I pulled the interior and got rid of the carpet. Lots of surface rust, but nothing that is rotting through. I'll do as much rust mitigation as I can and then Herculiner the floor and call it good.

Just a quick Google pulled up several Lexan windshield options that could be trimmed to fit, for around $180 or so.... Might save you from never being able to drive it on the road.

My concern with going with Lexan or similar would be getting it so scratched up that I can't see out of it. It's a though, of course, and one I planned to pursue.

In the meantime, if anyone needs a BRAND NEW windshield for a 97-01 XJ, hit me up. I have one in my garage - and by garage, I mean the back of the ZJ parked in my driveway.

Dang. I need a windshield for my '90. What's the difference between early and late on the windshield?
I may actually go the Lexan route meself, as I've seen them last pretty well.

I cleaned up my bulkhead connector and repaired my corroded fuse box, and buttoned it all up today after work.
Stuff works now! Gauges, blower, taillights, just about everything!
Still lots to do, but the biggest, hardest items on the list are complete, and I know I can go wheelin on New year's day now! Woohoo!

Dang. I need a windshield for my '90. What's the difference between early and late on the windshield?
I may actually go the Lexan route meself, as I've seen them last pretty well.

I don't know that there is a difference in the glass itself but the weather seal around the late models is different than the early ones but I did have a late model seal and windshield put in an '88 MJ because I didn't like the original trim pieces that went around the windshield on the MJ. It fit just fine.

If you want the windshield, she's yours. Considerably cheaper than Lexan. Let me know.

XJ looks good. I always did like the two doors.

I got my headlight harness in and hopefully this weekend I'll get a chance to put it in and see if it helps with my issues.

Does anyone know what speedo gear an '89 2wd AW4 takes? Is there a difference in the 2wd vs the 4wd one that goes in the transfer case?

My speedo is way off with the 4.10 gears and I want to try and get it back close to right anyway.

Sweet. I'll look at what it'll take to get it installed, and let you know.
Do you happen to have a seal with it?
Is it in a box? I'm a little worried about transporting it without breaking it...

It does have a seal, yes, a late model one. I do not have it in a box. I bought it from the windshield installer who brought it over in his window rack in his truck. We could certainly wrap it well. It would sit in the back of the XJ with the rear seat down without any problem.

It does have a seal, yes, a late model one. I do not have it in a box. I bought it from the windshield installer who brought it over in his window rack in his truck. We could certainly wrap it well. It would sit in the back of the XJ with the rear seat down without any problem.

Cool. PM sent. I don't have insurance on the XJ yet, so I'd most likely come pick it up in my Tacoma.
Thanks!

Back