• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Buildup III

hman333 said:
where did you get 2.5" x 6"

The 2.5 x 6 Tubing Store?

I really don't recall.....could have been 4"? Scored it at the local Metal Supermarket.....really.

coastie124 said:
That's a good looking rig there man. Can't wait to see some good flex pics. I really like those moabs with that color XJ. Looks sharp.

Thank you all for the compliments. I really liked how the Moabs worked on my last XJ, the 285/75/16 is a good fit for an XJ wheelwell, too.

Made some progress last week on the beefed HP 30.

000_0504.jpg

Got the ball joints installed and was surprise how well my cheap HF press worked.

000_0502.jpg

000_0515.jpg

SBS Plate welds smoothed, primed and finished.
000_0537.jpg

Closeup of the RE SuperRide bushings used in the TnT truss
000_0523.jpg

Trimmed stock shock mount, LCA gusset and new shock mount placement

000_0552.jpg

000_0558.jpg

Was curious... Did you source the Super-Ride bushings? Why those instead of Super-Flex?

I asked Bob at TnT about the bushings before ordering. He indicated that the SuperRide units perform well and hold up to flexing too, so I'm going on of his recommendation. They ship all the Y arm kits with these at the axle end and Summit flex joints at the crossmember.

Gojeep said:
They are not un-graded coach bolts in the shock mounts are they??

Good eye! Must be just for mock up.

Been busy this summer, lots of weekend trips with the fam........none offroad though :( . Here's some stuff that I've gotten done.......

100_0442.jpg

100_0447.jpg

100_0441.jpg

100_0446.jpg

100_0448.jpg

Looks like the Server crash bumped my updates, so I'll repost.

LCA Skids and gusset shot

100_0955.jpg

Vanco Dual Piston caliper upgrade, Alloy axle seals, Alloy 30 spl shafts and Goferit knuckle insert for OTK TRE

100_1316.jpg

looks awesome, man. Very detailed work.

I took those little rotor protector plates off mine because they trap gravel and make horrible noises...

Back