• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is the door shell the same electric vs. manual?

alloriginaltone

NAXJA Forum User
Hello -

I need to replace a couple of my doors on a 2000 XJ. The ones I found are rust free and in my color - cool right!!

The only catch is they are manual and my current doors are electric.
I know people love their manual doors, but I am going to keep mine electric since that's what is stock on the vehicle.

The good news is I have all the wiring, regulator and glass on my current doors.

However, are the door shells the same? Is it a matter of just pulling out my regulator, motor, and glass and installing in the new doors? I don't want to be drilling holes...I am hoping Jeep had one door shell design and just installed whatever was needed based on that particular build sheet.

Thanks everybody!

Pretty sure its going to be plug n play.

Double post

Last edited:
Agreed. All I see when it comes to doors in my '00 parts catalog is right or left. 2dr or 4dr.
No separate part numbers for manual or electric doors.

Shells are the same. The regulators look surprisingly the same. Drill out the rivets, bolt the correct ones in place. There's a torx head bolt that goes through the plastic isolator securing the glass to the regulator. That's the biggest pita of the job. That and the sharp edges on the door shell cutting up your bare arms. Cover with tape or wear long sleeves.

Back