• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumper/Receiver build and SFR shackles boxes

My led license plate bolts are evidently lost in shipping so I had to get a little more creative. I moved the plate over 8" and added a little factory light reflector (the leds would have required some special wiring). The night pics don't do it justice!
P1080986.JPG

P1080987.JPG

P1080988.JPG

P1080989.JPG

P1080990.JPG

P1080991.JPG

If I did that I think I would see if I could use the license plate lights from a European/Export model.
Cause they have 2 for the longer plate.
The light on the left in that set up might end up being more over the plate.
Of course where you are going to find one is a whole other story.

https://www.moparpartsoverstock.com/p/Chrysler__200/LAMP-License-Plate/6838371/55155613AC.html

What I did works perfectly as is with no desires to try some thing else. I actually received my led's last night so I'll save those for another project. The last thing I have to do (awaiting some more "internal frame coating") is paint the insides of the cut-n-fold and apply some seam sealer and then touch up all the factory paint.

RCP, I was going through your post and pictures paying close attention to the strut on the tire carrier. The carrier on my new bumper go to far out and it scares me. I want to emulate your setup.

What length strut did you install? I need to get this done quickly. The carrier swing about 120* out from the bumper.

RCP, I was going through your post and pictures paying close attention to the strut on the tire carrier. The carrier on my new bumper go to far out and it scares me. I want to emulate your setup.

What length strut did you install? I need to get this done quickly. The carrier swing about 120* out from the bumper.

It is a 12" from "Boxi" on Amazon, part # 4513 and is rated at 110lbs.

It is a 12" from "Boxi" on Amazon, part # 4513 and is rated at 110lbs.

Great. I have Amazon Prime so I will go online and look at the offerings and choose a length that will work for me.

I do not know how to determine the amount of force needed. The struts are listed in pairs. Is the advertised pressure for both combined or per unit? How do you like the amount of force you use to open and close the carrier?

Although for me, the amount of force may not be that important. What I really need is for it to open at approximately 90* which will be less than it does at the moment. Reducing the speed at which it swings when on an incline is also important.

They are rated individually and I thought showing on a incline showing it's opening/holding capability was good enough for me and my tire.
P1080969.JPG

Normally this Monday we would head out for our annual Nascar party week, but because of Covid we will go to the lake for a week instead. I still need to tow a trailer so I had button up the rear cargo bay and install a new trailer light converter harness. I don't have a current plan to get the harness into the bumper area so for now it's just coiled up in the back.
P1080996.JPG

P1080997.JPG

Back