• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Know Wiring problems

krism71

NAXJA Forum User
The other week it quits on me while going down the road. A few hours later it starts back up. Seems to only want to quit when it gets warm. The Engine light never came on. I thought I had it narrowed down to the crankcase sensor but possibly the camshaft sensor.

While following the wiring harness from the camshaft sensor towards the rear of the engine (engine is off with the key on at this point), I can hear several relays switch on and off. So I start it up and wiggle connectors in the area and I think is a vent tube of some sort and it misses and dies. I restart and wiggled just the connectors in that area and I don't get much response. The minute I grab the vent tube it misses and stalls again.

Are there any common electrical problems related to area? Something the wiring problem in the door pivot points? Is there a ground wire or something else that is prone to breaking on the back side of the engine?

Ir does looks like someone has been back there before because I think I can see some zip ties holding a loom the oil or transmission tubes.

Thanks in advance.

You don't say what year the XJ is, but trace the negative
battery cable to where it bolts to the engine. Sometimes
this connection loosens up over time and the ground is
lost.

Back