• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1996 Two Door For Sale $3900

man the price of XJs keeps going up. 3900$ gets you No: lockers, sliders, winch , winch bumper, gears, tire carrier bumper, but cheap 31s with a cheap RC lift and 322k? not too long ago that would have been a 1200$-2000$ rig. Covid has surely changed things.

If you decide to come down to 1.5k to 2K i might have a buddy that'll take this since he just needs a stocker style rig mild rig and we could rip out the RC stuff and put something else on there and maybe some 33s and a locker so he would be dumping some money right off the bat.

wow I just looked on CL, the XJ market really has gone kind of insane.
haven't searched in a long time.

I will say at least its clean . Looks decent inside and out which is a plus.

Nice. Yeah that appears to be a low price these days. I guess i just cant believe the xj market right now. The prices im seeing 7-18,000$ is just insane. Im not sure what happened.

Prices have been climbing for the last few years, long before covid.

The popularity of JK 4 doors and their proven capability, but high resale prices has steered many towards XJ's as an "inexpensive" alternative. Increase in demand, means an increase in price. That is only compounded by an ever dwindling XJ supply.

Yeah I am realizing as I keep searching fora buddy that XJs are no longer the 500-1000$ base rig anymore. People are asking 4000 to 20000$ now. I guess the times have changed.

Im just glad I got to buy a ton of them in the golden years of 1K$ XJs all day long. But yeah, like I said above, the 3.4K price was a very fair price after researching whats actually out there in the market.

Yeah I am realizing as I keep searching fora buddy that XJs are no longer the 500-1000$ base rig anymore. People are asking 4000 to 20000$ now. I guess the times have changed.

Im just glad I got to buy a ton of them in the golden years of 1K$ XJs all day long. But yeah, like I said above, the 3.4K price was a very fair price after researching whats actually out there in the market.

Wow! You prompted me to look around CL within 500 miles of me and for sure prices are through the roof - asking prices anyway. $8k for 116k pretty much stock with no upgrades and average or worse interior. Have a local guy asking "what would you take for yours?". I replied with $14k and he never batted an eye.. but it's not for sale. Other than long arms and maybe tons, my rig it built
Scuttlebutt is also that newish, low mile diesel pickups are selling used for more than they were new, and the same with SxS. Makes no sense but what does these days?
Houses and land all around the west (and maybe elsewhere) is the same. Sight unseen purchases and bidders not even getting a sniff and many selling thousands over asking price.

Guess I'll stay put and keep my good old used stuff.

Soapbox over.

I sold my 98 xj basically for the parts it was running and driveable for $300.00 first guy to come look at bought it he has a 96 xj he bought new he wanted the lift wheels tires battery front seats to put on his had a half dozen wanting to come and get it had two msg from California I'm in West Virginia I had to put it on craigslist to get rid of it.

Back