• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oxygen Sensors

Nick

NAXJA Member #690
Does anyone know if it makes a difference to what manufactures O2 sensor you use. I need to do both the pre and post converter sensors. Also, who has the good ones cheap? Thanx

In my experience.......

There does seem to be a difference. AZ has Bosch sensors but i have had serious problems with them. Have the feeling it is a 'you get what you pay for' situation. The pre-cat sensor is so crucial to good engine performance that i would at least buy that one maybe OEM. The post-cat sensor is not at all crucial to engine operating parameters but just to keep an eye on cat condition. Perhaps a low-cost one might work for that one. Might be worth a try. Are you sure yours are defective?? Judd

The last I knew the OEM O2 sensors were made by Bosch, so I don't understand why anyone would consider Bosch to be sub-standard.

Bosch by bosch, champion by champion. I just picked up 6 champions from the dealer and can still see a difference with the single champion plug I picked up at an autoparts store. O2 sensors may be the same deal.

RichP said:
Bosch by bosch, champion by champion. I just picked up 6 champions from the dealer and can still see a difference with the single champion plug I picked up at an autoparts store. O2 sensors may be the same deal.

Rich, translate that for me.

Its pretty rare that they would both go out at the same time, have you run a scanner yet? My XJ started running like crap and I ran a scanner and found out it was the pre-cat sensor, replaced it with a Bosch that I bought at Autozone and shes running like a champ again.

I trust Bosch. I'm currently running an NTK Oxygen Sensor (NTK is the sensor division of NGK, as in spark plugs. I'm also running NGK plugs, after Bosch single-electrode platinum plugs- both the Bosch and NGK perform great.) The NTK Oxygen Sensor has held up well, and works.

Back