• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What I learned this year at Nac-fest....

Andy in Pa.

NAXJA Member #180
1. Rich and Carol are excellent cooks!
2. Despite Rich's best efforts, it is very hard to keep 25-30 people dry under a 12x12 Easy Up, and a 10x 20 tarp In a gully-washing downpour.
3. Bilstain 7100's WILL NOT hold up to repeated use as droop bumpstops and slight mis-alignment at that full droop.... *snap*

That I should have blown off work, and driven to NACFest, even if I didn't wheel. NACFest in the pouring rain still would have been better than work.

Next year!

David Bricker / SYR

That according to my 3 link mount and traction bar I am terrible at welding, the importance of capping off the shock towers before putting in prothane bumpstops, that rear driveshafts are overrated, that I never should have ripped out my t-case linkage, and how much easier life would be with a truck and trailer.

On a brighter note, learned that a smaller group can be even more fun than a large turn out, met some great people, learned countless new things about rausch, and learned never to get talked out of a trip like this for fear of breaking down. Oh and my jeep kicks ass!!! Broke a ton of stuff but couldn't be happier with how the new set up performed.

Cant wait for next year!

Were you there?
I wasn't because I tore open the back section of my frame after playing it with 1/4 and welding the towers to it. Cracked the quarter inch and the frame on both sides

That according to my 3 link mount and traction bar I am terrible at welding, the importance of capping off the shock towers before putting in prothane bumpstops, that rear driveshafts are overrated, that I never should have ripped out my t-case linkage, and how much easier life would be with a truck and trailer.

On a brighter note, learned that a smaller group can be even more fun than a large turn out, met some great people, learned countless new things about rausch, and learned never to get talked out of a trip like this for fear of breaking down. Oh and my jeep kicks ass!!! Broke a ton of stuff but couldn't be happier with how the new set up performed.

Cant wait for next year!

It was a pleasure having you down with us, both at the 'fest and especially at camp. We really enjoyed your company and it's great to hear you had so much fun.
Yes, towing takes a bit of the stress away but then again some of my most memorable trips to Rausch and even paragon were when I drove my rig, so there's something to be said for that. Looking forward to seeing you again!
Rich

Last edited:
Back