• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who is going?

Hi group, my family and I are planning to register onsite Friday morning. Is this an option? Also what fees apply, for the event and park? Thanks.

Hi group, my family and I are planning to register onsite Friday morning. Is this an option? Also what fees apply, for the event and park? Thanks.

It is!
See Adam (aka Dundy) in the amber fire XJ. He should be able to get you all set.
The park fees can be found here: http://rc4x4.org/

Well, since the other thread got locked, I'll post here. I will be heading for NACFest tomorrow. Two questions:

1. Is anyone else going to be at the camp tomorrow evening, or Thursday to wheel

2. Does anyone coming need a stock rear bumper for an 84-96? I have one, complete with mounting brackets, and will bring it along if someone wants it.

Rob

Rob, I know several people from this area are going done tomorrow and staying over Wednesday evening to wheel on Thursday.

Have a great time!

Good to know I won't be the only NAXJA guy there Thursday, thanks.

I'll have to swing by the campground and see where folks are setting up.

Much as I wanted to, and location drama notwithstanding, I had really planned on coming down this year, as I have for the past three. Unfortunately, work has taken a turn for the suicidally busy (and also unfortunately, I am on salary). I've been holding out until the last minute, hoping something would break free, even if it meant coming down for an evening. But, it's just not going to happen.

Reading some of the issues with Pine Grove, I must say I'm not entirely surprised. Each of the previous three years, we seemed to be getting squeezed into a less and less desirable area. They seem to be catering much more to the large RV groups, and far less to the smaller ad hoc camping group. I don't have a good solution for that, when there appears to be no other reasonable alternatives in the area.

Going into the future, are there other wheeling areas that could be considered where there would be camping and/or hotels available nearby, that is located towards the southern part of this region? I know the east coast has far fewer places than I'm used to (SoCal, Death Valley, Johnson Valley, etc).

I'd love to consider coming to RockoberFest, but then distance does get to be an issue. I'm not a big long distance driver - 6 hours and usually about done, but I will make an attempt. Maybe I need to get an XJ on this coast as well, to provide me a larger incentive.

David Bricker / SYR

My opinion doesn't matter, because I am no longer a paying member and don't come to nacfest (usually) anyway, but why not just camp at rausch? who cares if they don't have "real" facilities? They have a FANTASTIC huge garage with a projector/screen/PA system, tables, and whatever to hold a huge group for dinner and stuff. its also FREE. I'm not siding with anyone, but I see where Rich is coming from. I also know how much BS colin/bill/chris have had to deal with

We live in the northeast, shit rusts here. XJs are dying due to rust. Members are going away bc they either are too busy/dont have the money to wheel or get rid of their XJs or get out of wheeling in general. Anyone who is into XJs now is either (usually) older and has been around the crew for a long time, or is a kid who bought a cheap beater wheeler. These two demographics don't mix.

Anyone who hasn't seen this coming for a while is kidding him/herself. Just my $.02.

Guys who are going, have a blast.

Sorry to hear you can't make it David, always a pleasure. The weather may not be agreeable as it is, we may be looking at some remnants of tropical storm bill by late Saturday night. Hopefully it holds off until everyone is home safe.

Just saw your post, Adam. Your opinion still matters to some. Thanks for making some good points. Member or not, hopefully we see you again on the trails.

Last edited:
Anyone got some space for a small tent on saturday night?

Don't think I can get out there before then, but I'd like to at least catch some campfire & beer time with y'all.

Is it still possible to attend on Saturday?

Back