• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Climbed under the DD and tightened everything back down. I haven't touched it since the 4.5" RC lift was put on. The trackbar and bracket needed tightening and one of the swaybar disco bolts but all other bolts were still tight. I was surprised, pleasantly.

Agreed. That's not a fun job. Especially when there is built up dirt and oil falling in your face the entire time.

Exactly! and it woulda been worse had I not stopped at the quarter wash on my way to my dad's shop!

OK, this is a follow up from several weeks back while preparing for the Crawl: after cleaning and replacing the oil pump, oil pan gasket, rear main the leaks were still there. Although not as bad, I still had a few up front behind the covers. To top it off it also had a little rattle at cold start. Well as an “Old-Timer” myself, I used a Barr’s product. Engine Repair: It is a two part formula that conditions dried out seals and stops leaks. It worked like a charm. Cold start up rattle gone! Leaks? Gone, including the front seals. Best $7 (NAPA) I ever spent.
This weekend-Greasing up, tightening belts, general once over, oil change.

Let's see, got an OEM fuel tank skid installed (using lots of anti-seize) and finished the Custom 4x4 Fabriacation's rear bumper install.

Cut off the passenger side rear leaf spring (with a Dremel...and burnt out the motor) and started to work on the driver's side. Rust issues halted my progress (bolts rusted to the inside of the metal eyelet inside the metal bushing of the rear of the pack) so I called it quits until I can get to Home Depot for an angle grinder and cut-off wheel.

Went to NAPA and bought 4 new grade 8.8 bolts for the RE lift spring install.

Also got the garage cleaned out so all the random tools are in the proper place to finish the lift install.

Busy weekend! Other then Turkey day family feasting, saturday swapped doors for my manager on his 02 malibu (thanks for the help Joe), spent a few hours working on the scout parade float, and then last night picked up a china cabinet and new dinning room set for Fiona. She was also given all of her Grandma's china so she is super excited. 1950's furniture is built well and HEAVY! Took the kids to see Santa. Grayson (4) didn't cry and hide this year, but wouldn't really look at Santa and yelled everything in a tough guy voice. Santa: What would you like for christmas this year? Grayson: I DON'T KNOW YET! Santa: Well there is plenty of time to think about it. Grayson: I KNOW THERE IS! Scored some cool aluminum parts bins that I'll post pics later, an ammo can, and a morter shell case. Also picked up my air tanks for Trail Rate This. Lots of goodies for the jeep this weekend, now I just need to get some customer's rides done first.

other than turkeying it up on the jeep that is all that for the jeep BUT i met with family and had a good time, saw two movies at the theater (which is like way not normal for me) i saw ninja assasin with a buddy who came home from gov training for the week, which was awesome but dont see it if you cant handle gore :D and saw new moon with the wife last night. went to my kids bday party saturday and got to play an awesome board game with my wifes side (dont know the name but its got to do with trains and you try and get routes and points for longer tracks and stuff, alot of fun especially with them) and ate lots and lots of food. :D

I figured out how to fix my front pinion seal leak.

Once the diff fluid starts getting low, you can hear the angry sparrows. As teh fluid starts getting reeaalll low, the squeaking stops. Problem solved.

I was introduced to an abandoned rock quarry on Wednesday. It was alot of fun and free. It's awesome having somewhere close to wheel, I didn't use any gas and didn't even air up to go home. Drove to Knoxville Wed night. Went by and sad Matt Thursday morning. Had dinner Thuraday night with grandparents. Some shopping on Friday (Glen and Joe thanks for keeping me laughing). Saw a sleeveless lumberjack (Joe aka Guy Larry the Cable Guy) play guitar hero.

Saw Santa on Sat. None of the kids cried. I asked my youngest (will be 3 this weekend) what she told Santa she wanted for Christmas. Brianna "I told hiw I wanted down".

Got my air tank mounted and did some urban wheeling yesterday.

Pretty eventfull weekend.

eric, i wanna go to the quarry witcha! i always appreciate a new spot to mess around in the ol' jeep!
i drove my old xj to jackson, even with the motor that sounds like a deisel, and all over west tn, and all the way back, nonstop from memphis, and didn't have a problem. the motor is still loud, so i've decided that whenever i can find a good deal on a fairly low mileage motor, i'll slap one in. anybody lookin to gt rid of a good 4.0? anyone? bueler?:D

almost forgot to mention, i got prolly the best made ornament ever this weekend from my mom-in-law, she wanted to get a jeep but couldnt find one so she bought a matchbox car jeep painted it od green with white star and put mud on it :D best ornament going on the tree :D

16631_770051663201_7004831_43555717_6503213_n.jpg

16631_770051668191_7004831_43555718_8099692_n.jpg

sorry for the crappy cell phone pics... doesnt take great macro pics upclose...

eric, i wanna go to the quarry witcha! i always appreciate a new spot to mess around in the ol' jeep!
i drove my old xj to jackson, even with the motor that sounds like a deisel, and all over west tn, and all the way back, nonstop from memphis, and didn't have a problem. the motor is still loud, so i've decided that whenever i can find a good deal on a fairly low mileage motor, i'll slap one in. anybody lookin to gt rid of a good 4.0? anyone? bueler?:D

When you pull it out lemme know. I want to build another one.

and yes I know I haven't driven the first one but it's too tempting not to!

When you pull it out lemme know. I want to build another one.

and yes I know I haven't driven the first one but it's too tempting not to!
as in you might want this motor? i guess it's pretty good for building. it is a renix with 280k on it, and the only problem is this rattle i take to be cam bearings or crank/ro bearings. i'm gonna drive it till it gets worse, or i can find a motor. whichever comes first.

Installed Powerbass tweeters where the factory ones go. Got some factory tweeter covers from the junk yard to get the factory look. Installed new drivers and passengers door and window switches so now I have functioning power everything. Finally got rid of the bent up overhead console bracket and just used some self tapping screws. Used Bondo on the pin sized hole in the roof. I still need to sand it and paint it though....

Is that really appropriate? Seems like bad judgment imho.

Back