• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWC Buyer/Seller Feedback

We're supposed to be honest here right?

I've been a little disappointed with ACRO. I bought a couple parts off here including an ARB compressor that was supposedly a factory refurb. After running into several problems and missing parts, I ended up contacting ARB. From what they and I can tell, this wasn't a refurbed unit but a used one. It still works and I've gotten all the parts that were missing but it is a bit disturbing to have something passed off as basically new when in fact it is far from it.

That said, it arrived with a broken air filter and John immediatly sent me a new filter on his dime which I appreciate. I may have just had some bad luck with the compressor...

http://www.maverickwelding.com/

1737 Washington Street
Oregon City, OR 97045-1039
(503) 656-2914

I showed up 1 minute after they closed while they were locking up to get a tank of gas. The guy was in a hurry so he offered to sell me a tank for a discount if I had cash, which I did not, and although grudgingly he did fire up the cash register and run my card instead of telling me to come back in the morning. I will continue to give this place all my welding supply business.

also, x2 on six states driveshaft being awesome! they shortened a drive shaft, balanced it, and put in new joints for about $100 ($88 IIRC) and had great people and great customer service.

INTERSTATE FIRE EXTINGUISHER CO.

Loren Lindquist was at my work to check our extinguishers and I asked him about getting a 2.5lb for the jeep, he said to bring cash with me the next day and he would drop one off.

super nice guy, $39 for a 2.5lb ABC, he even threw in mounting hardware.

[email protected] 360-909-4798

So,

I bought some Raw Brown Motor Mounts from 90Pioneer from the following thread:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1069272

I paid $60 SHIPPED which was, at the time a good deal. When they arrived, the bushings were shot. SO I would like to share the conversation from PM's.

Originally Posted by jimmy21669
I found them...rubber=GOOD

Do 60 even and send me paypal info....they still in good shape?

Originally Posted by 90Pioneer
Yes mounts are in great shape. Paypal is [email protected] please send it as a "gift" or add 3%. I can ship them out on Wednesday I think if that works for you.

I recieve them, find out they are NOT in great shape and send the following:

Originally Posted by jimmy21669
So to quote you "Yes mounts are in great shape".

I got them, took them out of the box to install them yesterday, and the bushings are shot. They are cracked, have chunks missing, and one of them will slide right out of the housing.

What's up with that? I don't know how to replace the bushings since they are not making mounts right now.

Originally Posted by 90Pioneer
The mounts are only 18k miles old... they are rubber bushings.. any rubber motor mount bushing will look like that in short order. They are in good shape.

None of the bushings fell out when I removed them, they were solidly in place.

With all of this being said. I will now post pictures of the bushings that were falling out and falling apart when I received them in "great shape":

IMG_20110916_205654.jpg

IMG_20110916_205704.jpg

IMG_20110916_205704.jpg

The one thing I cannot show you in a picture, is how rock hard the bushings are. The hole where the sleeve goes, is wallowed out and I could see daylight between the sleeve and the bushing.

I have had many transactions on NAXJA. I trust people here. But these are not something that I would put on my Jeep as is. I think they would make things worse.

Problem is, RawBrown mounts were $80 new. They no longer make them so I cannot get that bushing. It is non standard and 2.5 inches in diameter and I cannot find an off the shelf bushing to work. So I will have to send to McMaster Car for a 2 part polyeurethane kit to MAKE bushings, and then I have poly, not rubber like I wanted.

By the time I am done I will have $100 into these mounts (more than they cost) and hours of my time.

So I got taken for a ride in my opinion, and that is my feedback.

Socal offroad.

I went to redeem my certificate for a free set of Rustys metal taillight boxes. When I put in the code for them it only took off the cost of shipping I called socal and Tom fixed the code so that it would take off the cost of the boxes then reembersed me for the shipping just for the trouble. He was very curdious and helpfull. I recomend anyony wanting something from rusty's to go through socal. As I will.

A++ customer service.
Sent from my mind cause I'm so Awesome.

Good Year tire center (vancouver wa)

I took my Grade A prime fine tuned Jeep down to the good ol' guys of Vancouver Goodyear Tire (off Andresen) A Very nice christian faith Fella By the name of Ben ran out to assist me faster then one of the fat hairy guys at Les schwab ever could.. I explained to this young man that my vehicle was experiencing a slight mishap and i desired the precision of a laser alignment machine.. He quietly took the jeep out for test drive and proceeded to dial in all the specifications in a very quick and professional manner.. at $69.95 the service i received was impeccable. I will be sure to return to them for my business! (again..and again..and again)

Re: 90Pioneer! Great guy, excellent seller! I bought a transfer case and double cardan driveline from him. Not only did the transaction go super smoothly, He removed it from his vehicle and drove it from Bend to Aurora for me before I could even pay him. He was heading down over a weekend but my payday fell on the next Monday. We talked on the phone and came to an agreement about the whole situation. He drove it down then on Monday I sent him a paypal, he verified it, then got right back to me and sent me the address where to pick it up. Went over and grabbed it and everything was exactly as described. He even threw in some new u-joints! Could not be happier and the TC and driveline, which I took to get made custom, are in the vehicle now and it all works flawlessly. Great guy, great transaction, and great product!

Having a bad experience with a member on here, Keaton now going by Metal XJ. I GAVE him a front bumper, he needed a trackbar so I told him to drop off some cold brews for it. That was almost a year ago.

Ive bought from five people on here and Im awesome. Thanks.

Also, The five people Ive bought from were really easy and helpful to do business with:

2Extreme(michael)- BB
moneypit_k5(joe)- axles
dellstopjeep(eric)- tube doors and rear bumper
goblazers_6(darren)- wheels/tires
lilbrosfab(??)- sliders

They are all really easy to give your money to since they were nice and made getting said purchases to me in the most convenient way. Well lil bros fab didnt make it convenient to deliver them to me but he built them without a deposit which was convenient so I didnt have to drive to Tukwila twice. Thanks guys.

Re: Warning: Dont do business with Seabeck 4x4 and Fab are crooks

Sorry to hear your trouble. I just ran across one of his ad's on craigslist and really appreciate the heads up you've given everyone on the net. This thread is #1 found on Google for "Seabeck 4x4 and Fab".

And he sounds like a douche on his voicemail message saying if he's not answering he's probably on his boat, in a very douche-bag-ish voice. lol

I would defantily sell to Moneypit_k5 anytime. He followed through with everything he said he was going to and stayed in touch with me to let me know what was going on.
A+ Non-Member

For what its worth, I recently spent a nice chunk of change with eTrailer.com

I give this company an A+

They make SURE your happy! And for good prices!

Re: Warning: Dont do business with Seabeck 4x4 and Fab are crooks

There was so much RTV squeezed into the inside of the tranfer case, that it would have worked its way loose, cloged up the pump, and fried the bearings up. :twak:

I'm out of RTV, shops closed till i can find some more

Think I know where it went lol. Priceless.....simply priceless.

Getting back on topic, I've had really good experiences with Bradshaw's Transmission Annex. A while back they put my XJ on a lift and checked and retorqued all my flex plate bolts. No charge and I just dropped in when they did it.
They even adjusted my TV cable, checked and topped my trans fluid as well for no charge.
I'm not saying they do that all the time but IF I have a transmission problem, I know where I'll go and tell everyone else to go.

Exhaust Specialties just down the street from them has hooked me up several times as well. They'll price match and beat anyone, and they are super honest. To quote Rick over there "we've been steady and solid for so long we don't need to up sell people".

Last edited:
SIX STATES Driveline Shop in north Portland:
I recently dropped off a dirty out of balance front driveshaft to have them rebalance it. They tested it and called me to tell me it was infact way out of balance and to see where I wanted to go froom there. I said "balance it". The next day it was done. I was sick for a week and didn't really leave home. I called them to see if I could wait another week til I got paid and they said sure, no problem. I picked the shaft up today and it looks like a totally different brand new driveshaft. Clean and painted. They even loaded it with grease and put in a new zerk fitting.
$73 for the transformation from old worn out driveline to next to new rebalanced and painted. I am more than happy with the service and quality that I received and will be taking all my driveline jobs to them in the future.

They get 2 thumbs up :thumbup::thumbup: in my book.

Not a local company, but I have had great experiences with Frank at Serious Offroad (www.seriousoffroadproducts.com/) They are based in Colorado. Best prices by far on Rubicon Express products, shipping is unbelievably cheap (under $20 to ship a pair of heavy RE 3.5" coil springs), very fast too, and customer service is excellent. I emailed them a question through their online contact form last week and received a phone call within the hour (I think it was more like 20 minutes later). I had a pretty straightforward question about returns, but got to talking with Frank and he gave me some good advice on how to troubleshoot the front suspension issues I'm dealing with at the moment. In fact he ended up recommending that I double check my unit bearings even though I was looking into buying new ball joints from him. I've bought from him a couple times and have always been really satisfied, will definitely be buying from him in the future.

Last edited:
AutoDynamix - Bellevue Shop

Great garage in Bellevue that will execute flawlessly on anyhting from a simple break job, alignment, engine work, muffler work, all the way to installing a full lift, complex bumpers, electrical work, etc.

Have had a lot of work done with them and they are always top quality at a reasonable price.

205 Auto Salvage

Si i just got back from 205 auto.. nice people good parts and they do all the work in pulling the part.
275 for 8.25 and drive-line. then they have a 10% off if you print a coupons they have on there website...Out the door loaded in my rig $245.. the 8.25 is in great shape and is complete from break to break.
everything even 4 u-bolts. If you need a part they can take a deposit over the phone and have it ready for you when you get there...
there was no signs of damage from them pulling it no line was cut. they did a great job..

Props to RuffStuff once again! I ordered and installed a panhard bar kit from them about a year and a half ago. returning from tsf yesterday I inspected the front end again and found a 7/8" rod end with some good play @ the ball. I got on to order a replacement from them, to find they are only sold in "kits". not needing the whole kit (I just need a RH thread 7/8 x 3/4 end, no adapter, jamb nut, or spacers) I emailed dan. to see if 1. I could get just the replacement end by itself, and 2. with noobfest in 4days if I could get it here in time.

I got an e-mail back in less than an hr. ( 2 in fact) from Stephen. he said that he would send me the replacement part this week.party1:. I was confused because there was no order info on how to place the order??? I backed out an checked the 2nd mssg. it was a tracking # from the U.S.P.S.!!!!

they had found my shipping info, pulled my original invoice, pulled the part, got it in the mail, and didn't charge me a cent for there time or the replacement part:yelclap::yelclap::yelclap:. all in less than ONE HOUR, holy hell Batman!

THIS is how you take car of your customers. I will be back again and again for more Ruffstuff, You all should too

Way to Be RuffStuff
Bronze.

I have their Panhard Bar Kit as well....hopefully I wont encounter the same sort of wear that you have, but it's comforting to know that there's good customer service waiting for me if/when I do.

Shoutout to Ram Truck Salvage on NE Columbia Blvd in Portland - great little salvage yard. Super nice guys & they have some of the best prices on used parts I've found. Got a NP242 from them last fall and recently went back when I needed a driver's side window. They were nice enough to dig around and find me another one when the first window they found had some very, very minor scratches on it. I appreciate good customer service like that and will definitely go back.

Also I agree 100% on Six States Driveline. I also had them rework a junkyard XJ front drive shaft for me and they did an awesome job, literally looks better than new. Price was pretty reasonable considering they rebuilt the whole thing including a larger than stock slip yoke and I believe they shortened it slightly. They have great prices on Spicer u-joints as well and also hooked me up with a pinion yoke for my 8.25 that looks to be an improved design over the OEM one for less than I found online.

Back