• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Balance Beads

Not sure what the fix was. Message is the same.

Not sure what the fix was. Message is the same.

Except there is a pretty significant difference. Your's, if taken the way you wrote it, implies that it's not possible, even in an emergency. If this question is being asked, knowledge of how they work and why slime inside the tire would negate the performance of the beads will not be known so some folks very well make take statements about them very literal.

Well, the sealant (not just referring to Slime here, actually referring to the good stuff that actually adheres to the inside of the casing) would more or less secure the beads in one place. So yes, they can not act as balance media.

You can pour them into the tire still, sure. but that's not terribly bright in that case. I can put a lot of stuff in a tire.

I think Bent was just making the point that he strongly advises against use of sealant regardless of whether balance beads are in use.

Is it possible to get vibs if the weight installed is 1.5oz short of what everyone recommends?
The manufacture recommended 6.5oz when everyone else recommended 8oz and now I have horrible vibs at 80mph

Add more. Physics will take care of the excess.

Yes, if there's not enough, it can't do the job. Uh, duh?

This won't solve out of round or odd wear problems.

They're brand new tires so I'm just going to add more to make 8oz

Heck, throw more in there, make it 10. Like I said, physics takes care of the rest.

I'm going to need to get more because in the mornings I get horrible pulsating vibes at 80mph. Last night I opened them back up and put another 1.5oz pre wheel and took out the bags they came in. I thought they were causing the problems b/c they melted in the tire bead seating process.

Last night I opened them back up and put another 1.5oz pre wheel and took out the bags they came in. I thought they were causing the problems b/c they melted in the tire bead seating process.

You installed the beads in their packaging???

Also not good for, you know, the tire. Sure it's entertaining, but there are much better, safer, and smarter ways of installing tires.

Also not good for, you know, the tire. Sure it's entertaining, but there are much better, safer, and smarter ways of installing tires.

I was by myself and its kind of hard to use a cheetah alone. Also when the lip of the wheel and the bead of the tire are 5" apart

That sounds like your running the wrong rim/tire size? What did you buy?

Back